Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-10-2019, 06:52 PM   #1
DashBlacK
DashBlacK began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro
Cool New Onyx Note Pro - Suggest Apps and Setup Tricks

Hello everyone,

I just got a new Onyx Boox Note Pro 10.3" device and love it so far. I am completely new to the e-ink scene.

Hoping you guys can suggest on how I should set up my Note Pro to get the most out of my device. My use cases involve:
(i) reading PDF textbooks (engineering, programming, reference, etc.). So I need to switch between pages, chapters and textbooks sometimes. It would be nice if I could copy paste snippets from some PDF into my hand-written notes.
(ii) taking notes that involve diagrams and mathematics. Pretty self-explanatory. As mentioned previously I would like to have the ability to capture snippets from other sources to doodle on top of in my notes.
(iii) I also like tinkering with my devices: jailbreak, root, modding, custom firmware, etc.

With that in mind, are there any resources you guys can share with me? Any apps that are essential for e-ink tablets that can enhance my experience? Any settings, tips or tricks that can help me get the most out of my device? Anything else in general that can be helpful for the previously mentioned use cases?

Thanks.
DashBlacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:35 PM   #2
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
Install Greenify it will improve battery life and then you won't need to shutdown, just sleep. The built-in reader app is actually pretty good and I don't think you'll find a better one which allows annotations.

As for drawing, you're probably going to be greatly disappointed because the stylus lag is unbearable on every app apart from the built-in notes app unfortunately.
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2019, 06:18 AM   #3
taunus
taunus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by azw409 View Post
... the stylus lag is unbearable on every app apart from the built-in notes app unfortunately.
How much lag?
taunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:22 AM   #4
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
Try it but it's too much even on A2 mode. It's ok for clicking around but it doesn't work for writing.
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:14 PM   #5
luke_nukem
luke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enoughluke_nukem will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by azw409 View Post
Try it but it's too much even on A2 mode. It's ok for clicking around but it doesn't work for writing.
Those apps need to use the Boox SDK to enable lag-free pen use unfortunately.
luke_nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 05:17 AM   #6
r0bis
r0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: NEXUS 7
Thanks, that is very useful to know. The built in app is quite good though and I could stick with it. I also want to have a minimal set of apps on my device. So far I have just installed Calibre Companion and Moon+ Pro - because I would like the reading position sync. But I wonder if I can get notes sync with the built in Neo Reader?
r0bis is offline   Reply With Quote