Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
Cinnabar
Cinnabar began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader
Portable Battery Packs

Does anyone here use a (small!) portable battery pack with the EZ Reader? Is there one you can recommend?
Cinnabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Take a look at this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55149
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
Cinnabar
Cinnabar began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader
I saw it, but there's only a picture, and I couldn't find anything that looked like it.
Cinnabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
I have the Just Mobile Gum Pro (http://www.xtand.net/index_gum.php) battery pack for my iPhone as I play alot of power intensive games on it. I wonder if this is compatible with the Pocket Pro? It does use the same USB connection....
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Then it should work with the EzReader Pro.

chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
This or this with the appropriate power tip might work.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #7
KarateMonkey
Connoisseur
KarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litter

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-300
I just ordered a Solio for use in my car since the powerpoint died.

I got it primarily to keep my cell phone, which lived in the car, going, but I'm kind of hoping that it will generate enough juice to charge my Pocket Pro once a week or so as well.

Speaking of batteries, what kind of life is everybody else getting out of their Pocket Pro. After the first charge mine was at 25% charge after 6 days. I charged it up until I had all four bars, but it was down to 75% again a day or two later. I'll admit that I was a little impatient on the first charge and didn't give it the full 12 hours, but it did get 8-9. I'm wondering if I might have screwed the pooch, and if it's too late to unscrew it by plugging the reader in for a good long charge.
KarateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
Morlac
Connoisseur
Morlac doesn't litterMorlac doesn't litter

Device: Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarateMonkey View Post
Speaking of batteries, what kind of life is everybody else getting out of their Pocket Pro. After the first charge mine was at 25% charge after 6 days. I charged it up until I had all four bars, but it was down to 75% again a day or two later. I'll admit that I was a little impatient on the first charge and didn't give it the full 12 hours, but it did get 8-9. I'm wondering if I might have screwed the pooch, and if it's too late to unscrew it by plugging the reader in for a good long charge.
I believe that part of the initial break-in of the battery is getting the sensors to understand how much juice it'll hold ... or something like that. So basically, you should not go too much by what the power gauge tells you for the first several cycles.
Morlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlac View Post
I believe that part of the initial break-in of the battery is getting the sensors to understand how much juice it'll hold ... or something like that. So basically, you should not go too much by what the power gauge tells you for the first several cycles.
Exactly, the battery gauge needs to be calibrated which will happen if you let it run down and recharge again. A couple of cycles may be needed.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote