Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
KNI
Connoisseur
KNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Sony PRS-650
Meta data file for reader?

I use a Sony PRS-650 and Calibre. I gather Meta Data for my books, but do not know how to access that data in the reader. I believe I saw that there is no simple way to do this.

I got the idea of creating an epub file of meta data that I could load into my reader so when I want to start a new book I can go through the file in my reader and see what I have available.

But then it occurred to me that if I thought that was a neat idea surely many smarter people have already figured that out, and that there likely is some way that Calibre already does something along those lines.

So, can someone who knows such things take pity on a very non-technical user and point me in the right direction?

Much obliged.

Cheers

KNI
KNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:21 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I suspect that what you want is the Calibre Catalog facility? There is a forum section covering this, and this sticky is particularly relevant.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
KNI
Connoisseur
KNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the endKNI knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Sony PRS-650
Thanks itimpi! I think that is exactly what I needed.

Appreciate your taking time to respond.

Cheers and best wishes for the hoildays.

KNI
KNI is offline   Reply With Quote