Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #346
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Just Curious...

As I was updateing my list on the List Thread yesterday, I wondered:

What's your updating M.O... daily, weekly, monthly, as needed?

I make it a point to update my list after every completed book so that I can keep it current and not run the risk of falling seriously behind. Plus, I like watching my progress.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #347
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Most of the time I update mine after every book, but sometimes I will get a couple behind.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #348
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I try to do it when I finish a book, but found I sometimes don't until I am on the third book after. I wanted to do a blurb about how I liked the book, but found I haven't done that either. I plan on trying to catch up on that part, at least so I will have some kind of record for myself.

I have discovered that I am having fun not buying any new books and just going through all the freebies in my TBR pile. If I don't like it, I just delete it and don't record it. Surprisingly, I have found some good ones. I may even try to go longer than my goal of not purchasing for 6 months.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #349
rpmazur
Connoisseur
rpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheese

Device: Calibre (for MAC), MoonReader (Android)
Update

I usually update as needed. Also, I just finished book 3, Children of Dune and added another 300+ pages. Almost made it to the 10% mark.......LOL.
rpmazur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:05 AM   #350
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I make it a point to update my list after every completed book so that I can keep it current and not run the risk of falling seriously behind. Plus, I like watching my progress.
I try to update after every book. I also try to update the "Hey, Let's get some action going! What are we reading?" thread too.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #351
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I update my list with every book. Just finished updating it now.

Book number 25 is complete now. Richard Matheson, I Am Legend. This was a very entertaining read. And I can cross off the 1950s from my list now. Only one more decade, the 1930s, to complete my decade sub-challenge.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #352
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I try to update after every book. I also try to update the "Hey, Let's get some action going! What are we reading?" thread too.
This is my goal as well. I was hoping to add a bit more detail in my reports on what I read, but I'm finding I just don't have time for that. But I'm still managing to keep the list updated pretty much when I finish a book, and the What are we reading thread as well. This is the first time I've ever actually kept track of what I read with a list, and I'm finding it interesting.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #353
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
This is the first time I've ever actually kept track of what I read with a list, and I'm finding it interesting.
This is my third year of keeping track. I wish I'd done so years ago!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #354
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
This is my third year of keeping track. I wish I'd done so years ago!
Hear hear. There are so many I have forgotten I've read, and it would be great to be able to look through the old lists and identify them. I've tried to capture as many as I can over at Goodreads, but I know there are many hundreds I can't remember.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #355
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I must confess: I'm not very good about participaating in the WAWR thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Hear hear. There are so many I have forgotten I've read, and it would be great to be able to look through the old lists and identify them. I've tried to capture as many as I can over at Goodreads, but I know there are many hundreds I can't remember.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #356
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I tend to batch my finished books and add several at a time. After I finish a book on my T1, I add it to an "Already Read" collection that I have, so I remember which books I have to add to my list here. Once I add them here, I delete the books from the device.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #357
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Assuming that you continue at your same reading rate, do you think that you will meet your goal? I won't I am going to slowly to reach that by the end of the year.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #358
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Assuming that you continue at your same reading rate, do you think that you will meet your goal? I won't I am going to slowly to reach that by the end of the year.
Well I'm behind too, 18 out of 75, but still hopeful of making it up before year end .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #359
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I'd done 16 of 50 at the end of March, so I'm looking okay.

I worry a bit that it's stopping me reading longer works, having this target. If I build up a bit of a buffer I'll be able to read something that might take longer.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #360
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
No, I won't. According to GoodReads I'm 9 books behind where I need to be in order to complete my goal of 85 books this year.