Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2017, 04:49 PM   #181
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Bargain @ $1.99 in the US only from Random House's Ballantine Books imprint (should be the same price at all US retailers):

The Blackstone Chronicles by bestselling author John Saul (ISFDB, Wikipedia), a supernatural horror serial from the 1990s which got turned into a mini-franchise (Wikipedia), complete with video game (Wikipedia).

Now, for the first time, the New York Times bestselling serial thriller is complete in one terrifying volume. John Saul, the master of supernatural suspense, John Saul, brings to chilling life the small New England town of Blackstone--and the secrets and sins that lay buried there. . . .

From atop Blackstone's highest hill, the old Asylum casts its shadow over the village. Built in the 1890s to house the insane, the Asylum has stood vacant for decades. But now, the wrecker's ball is about to strike--and unleash an ominous evil. Strange gifts begin to appear on the doorsteps of Blackstone's finest citizens.

Each bears a mysterious history.

Each brings a horrifying power to harm.

Each reveals another thread in the suspensefully woven web of . . .
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:04 PM   #182
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Bargain @ $1.99 in the US only from Random House's Ballantine Books imprint (should be the same price at all US retailers):

The Blackstone Chronicles by bestselling author John Saul (ISFDB, Wikipedia), a supernatural horror serial from the 1990s which got turned into a mini-franchise (Wikipedia), complete with video game (Wikipedia).
Thanks for that. John Saul is one of those authors I always meant to try, but haven't.

Here's the Amazon link.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2017, 10:27 AM   #183
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Very useful or very dangerous. I bought three books today alone!
I set a lot of mine to let me know when it's free.

Otherwise I set them for .99 or 1.99 for known author stuff. Very seldom more. Even Neil Gaiman has 1.99 sales.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:30 PM   #184
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

More Robert McCammon price drops at Amazon.

Baal is $2.99: McCammon's self described 'angry young man' novel about the rise of the anti-Christ.

Bethany's Sin is $2.99: A family moves to the idyllic town of Bethany's Sin. But there are things going on in Bethany’s Sin that no one wants to talk about: unexplained disappearances, houses that stand strangely vacant, half glimpsed figures that appear to be female, the impossible sound of hoof beats in the night.

The Night Boat is $2.99
: I very much enjoyed this book about a washed up wreck of a Nazi submarine that contains a nasty surprise. It's not a classic, but it is a fun read.

Interestingly, these three books were out of print for a long time. McCammon was embarrassed because they were not only his first three books published, they were the first three books he ever wrote. He felt they didn't hold up. I think he was too hard on himself.

Lastly, McCammon's newest book, The Border is $2.99: An apocalyptic tale about two alien civilizations battling on Earth and wrecking the place in the process. I haven't read this one yet.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:22 AM   #185
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Douglas Clegg's The Children's Hour is $0.99 on Amazon:

Who's coming for you in the dead of night? Don't be afraid. It's only the children...
They only come out after dark. And they only want to find their old friends, the ones who abandoned them. The ones who left them to die...When Joe Gardner returns with his wife and kids to the peaceful mountain town of Colony, West Virginia, he doesn’t expect to find the girl who disappeared when he was a boy. But she remembers Joe. And she has plans for him.
Advert
Old 11-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #186
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Another early McCammon book, They Thirst is $2.99 at Amazon. I had a hard time finding this in paperback years ago as it was another book McCammon pulled from print and was quite collectible.

They Thirst is a tale of a large scale assault of vampires on Los Angeles.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:43 PM   #187
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Another early McCammon book, They Thirst is $2.99 at Amazon. I had a hard time finding this in paperback years ago as it was another book McCammon pulled from print and was quite collectible.

All of Robert McCammon's books are very, very good.

Unfortunately, I have them all.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:28 PM   #188
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
All of Robert McCammon's books are very, very good.

Unfortunately, I have them all.
Hey, there was the 99 cent Doug Clegg. Did you snag that?

For McCammon, I've only read Baal, The Night Boat and Swan Song. My better half read Bethany's Sin and didn't care for it and Stinger, which I was told was fun.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:33 PM   #189
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

For McCammon, I've only read Baal, The Night Boat and Swan Song. My better half read Bethany's Sin and didn't care for it and Stinger, which I was told was fun.

Yes, I believe I have all of Douglas Clegg's work, as well. I discovered him back when his very first book was published - as a paperback original, I believe.

I'll make a list of them later tonight and post it.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:09 PM   #190
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:

It looks like all of the Robert McCammon books published by Subterranean Press are selling for $2.99 ($2.69 at Kobo for VIP members). BTW, there are several ebooks with two of his novels, so if you're going to buy They Thirst, you might as well pick up the double for the same price:

Horror Classics: Baal & Bethany's Sin
Matthew Corbett Adventures #1: Mister Slaughter & The Providence Rider
Vampire Tales: They Thirst & I Travel By Night
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:45 PM   #191
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
It looks like all of the Robert McCammon books published by Subterranean Press are selling for $2.99 ($2.69 at Kobo for VIP members).
They are now. When I posted the others yesterday, They Thirst was still higher priced.

Quote:
BTW, there are several ebooks with two of his novels, so if you're going to buy They Thirst, you might as well pick up the double for the same price:

Horror Classics: Baal & Bethany's Sin
Matthew Corbett Adventures #1: Mister Slaughter & The Providence Rider
Vampire Tales: They Thirst & I Travel By Night
Ah well, I bought all four of the books I listed. Baal & Bethany's Sin are $2.99 a pop. The Horror Classics containing both is also $2.99.

That's okay. McCammon can have my money. All the paperbacks I have are second hand, so those I listed here are the first time he got money from me (well, the Open Road books I listed up-thread are, but you get my point).
Old 11-29-2017, 07:16 PM   #192
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

I have close to 30 ebooks by Douglas Clegg. He's one of my favorite authors, someone I was buying when I first got into ebook readers.

I'm also a member at his website, so there are often a number of specials going on, along with pre-orders.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-29-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:21 PM   #193
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I thought "Baal," "Bethaney's Sin," and "Night Boat" were rather weak; whereas, "They Thirst" and "Usher's Passing" were TOP-NOTCH, INCREDIBLE.

"Boy's Life" is a classic in ANY genre.

"Mine" was just so-so.

I haven't yet read his newer novels, but I will, since he's such a fine, serious writer of Horror.

I used to have his British First Editions in Hardcover, but sold them about 20 years ago. I wish I hadn't done so.

I got quite a few freebies over a year ago when Open Road was GIVING EBOOKS AWAY!
Old 11-29-2017, 11:57 PM   #194
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I thought "Baal," "Bethaney's Sin," and "Night Boat" were rather weak; whereas, "They Thirst" and "Usher's Passing" were TOP-NOTCH, INCREDIBLE.

"Boy's Life" is a classic in ANY genre.

"Mine" was just so-so.

I haven't yet read his newer novels, but I will, since he's such a fine, serious writer of Horror.

I used to have his British First Editions in Hardcover, but sold them about 20 years ago. I wish I hadn't done so.

I got quite a few freebies over a year ago when Open Road was GIVING EBOOKS AWAY!
I remember enjoying Night Boat as a straight up, unpretentious horror story.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #195
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
A Christmas Tale by Austin Crawley is going for .99

US https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Tal.../dp/B019CZURVU
UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-T.../dp/B019CZURVU

"Few Christmas stories hold as much fascination as the story, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

Inspired by the Dickens tale, A Christmas Carol, three young women decide to hold a séance to raise the spirits of Christmas Past, Present and Future. They don't expect a result, but what they call out of the aethyr gives them a creepy holiday they will never forget, if they live to tell the tale!"
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote