Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #31
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I do have one baldly practical question. There are many PD e-book uploads on the site, available for download (all hail to the contributors!), But....under what law is your definition of PD? This is important so that people can compare to their individual countries laws when downloading. RSE
The specific copy uploaded here is not public domain if not explicitly stated. You cannot take the copy here and put it on another site or sell it as I understand it and that you can do if it is public domain.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:43 PM   #32
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
The two statements are not inconsistent. It is entirely possible to hold a moral view and simultaneously to have a desire not to be sued were that moral view transgressed.
Of course they might not be inconsistent. But you need to now which one is the primary one when they are in conflict in details. And the statement in the policy cover things that are not illegal and things that does not cause any risk to be sued.

Somebody need to add to the policy that jokingly sexual explicit posts are not allowed either. Maybe they are illegal in Canada so this principle exists.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2008, 02:31 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Somebody need to add to the policy that jokingly sexual explicit posts are not allowed either. Maybe they are illegal in Canada so this principle exists.
It is a matter of good taste, not law. We welcome readers of all ages here, and "adult" content is inappropriate; we don't want to restrict the site to "over 18s only". We aren't "prudes", but these particular posts were well beyond the limits of what is acceptable.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:22 PM   #34
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Here is the policy as we see it:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/MobileRead

Dale
I think this is a good policy that is well written and not too restrictive or vague.

I enjoy participating on well moderated forums such as this one, and I am a moderator myself on a different forum that is comprised of people from all over the world. It is challenging creating policies like this one for an international community. I think you've done a great job and I appreciate the time and effort of all the moderators here.

Thanks

Julie
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote