Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
FBReader 0.99.1 for iLiad

This is FBReader 0.99.1 for iLiad. Only for experiemental and adventurous hearts.

INSTALL:
Just unpack to anywhere on your memory card. MMC or CF do not matter.

EXECUTE:
Either start the program from ContentLister or SSH console (./run_fbreader.sh).
LED will not flash as normal iLiad programs. In less than 1 minute, you will see screen refresh and finally FBReader intro text will be displayed.

That's the end for now. NO toolbar. NO page-turn. NO quit button.

SOME NOTE:
1. Based on QT-4.6.4. Required QT libs are also included. E-INK screen refreshment is controlled by xepdmgr (by ANTARTICA).

2. It's working on iLiad, but don't expect much. Since I can't make toolbar appear as I did to FBReader 0.12, there is no toolbar to open book, turn page, or quit. If FBR is started from ContentLister, the only way to quit is to power off or through SSH console.

3. Source code is not altered at all. LED control and iLiad button mapping must be achieved by adding some lines of code. I will do it only after solving the toolbar problem.

4. To open a book from ContentLister, modification to registry.xml is requred. Since it not possible to turn page in the mean time (no toolbar, no button), it's wasting time to open a book.

5. I am not sure if I put all required libs in the attachment. If you don't get the desired result, start FBReader by executing ./run_fbreader.sh in SSH console and the error message will tell you what's wrong.

6. If you run FBReader from ContentLister and nothing happens. Modify run_fbreader.sh. uncomment the line "# ./bin/xepdmgr :0 ./bin/FBReader > err.log 2>&1" and comment the line "./bin/xepdmgr :0 ./bin/FBReader". Error message will be printed to err.log. Post err.log here.

7. The attachment will not alter anything on you iLiad.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fbreader-0.99.1.zip (13.30 MB, 766 views)
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
antoniov
antoniov began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v3
Hi,

Thanks for your work. I tried to run this version, but I got no results at all. Even no error.log has been generated...

The most I got is that (using mrxvt):
-------------------------------------------
BusyBox v1.01 (2007.04.10-13:14+0000) multi-call binary

Usage: dirname FILENAME

cd: 6: can't cd do
./run_fbreader (copia).sh: 13: Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "then")
------------------------------------------
antoniov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert