Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #271
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I have some problems reproducing this, tried in both directions (using pdf documents). Which documents are you using? I assume you are opening the documents with the build-in viewer and not with Xournal?
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #272
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
Hi, sorry for the delay, the forum notification system sucks big time.

Yes, I'm talking annotations made with the system viewer. If I annotate a PDF with it, close the PDF, rotate the device and open the PDF again, my annotations appear shifted. This is extremely annoying because 95% of the annotations I make are proofreading marks for corrections, obviously useless if displaced. Need any pictures?
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #273
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I could reproduce it now with the following scenario:
- I annotated a document in 'rotated-mode'
- Closed it and reopened in non-rotated mode => all is well
- Made some extra annotations in non-rotated mode
- Closed it and reopened in rotated-mode => all annotations displaced
- Closed and opened in non-rotated => all are OK again
- Rotated while document was open => all are stay OK

Note that I only used one page, I am not sure what happens on other pages.

So it seems related to annotating a document with different rotations.

Unfortunately the code for the 'native' PDF viewer and thus the annotating code is not publicly available, so I can not fix this.

Maybe you can work around this problem by being carefully with which rotation to annotate documents.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #274
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I could reproduce it
Unfortunately the code for the 'native' PDF viewer and thus the annotating code is not publicly available, so I can not fix this.
Never mind, just wanted to know / warn others. Thanks for having a look.

Quote:
Maybe you can work around this problem by being careful with which rotation to annotate documents.
Actually, my printing system 'landscape' settings produce 'sideways' PDFs by default so all I have to do to read them in landscape mode is *physically* rotate the reader. This makes software rotation unnecessary, obviously avoiding any problems with it -- I just end up with the page tabs, the toolbar, etc. on one side and the task bar below the document. This, albeit another annoyance on its own, is comparatively minor. I just discovered the rotation problem with annotations because I tried to print and use 'proper' landscape documents : )

This is also a possible alternate workaround for others.
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote