Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
Egad, I just got one of those 1001 errors - for the first time; and I buy a lot of books from Kobo.

I'll wait to see what happens, I guess...

ETA: Oh, for crying out loud. I just got my receipt. No book title. Jeez. Off to customer service, I guess.

Happened to me again today, so I'm gonna wait for the problems to get resolved before I buy another book from them
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #17
alex12ma
alex12ma began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
issue resolved

I received a mail from customer support that they have added the book to my library and told to sync to my desktop application.I checked and indeed they have added the book and I synced and was able to download the book to my desktop application.
alex12ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #18
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex12ma View Post
I received a mail from customer support that they have added the book to my library and told to sync to my desktop application.I checked and indeed they have added the book and I synced and was able to download the book to my desktop application.
Congratulations~!

I hope I'll be that lucky.

Also...curiosity question for those reading: Has your purchase had a coupon associated with it? (Mine did, so I was wondering...)
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #19
alex12ma
alex12ma began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
25% discount code

Quote:
Congratulations~!

I hope I'll be that lucky.

Also...curiosity question for those reading: Has your purchase had a coupon associated with it? (Mine did, so I was wondering...)
Yes..My purchase had a 25% discount code associated with it..
alex12ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #20
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I have about 40+ books in my library this is the first time I've had an issue. I finally got an email reply from them stating that it had been escalated to tier 2 support.
I also had a coupon on my order kobodollaroff.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #21
baker
baker began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi, itouch 4th gen, Sony S tab
Double Billing

A few days ago I also was double billed for a book purchase...not my error, Kobo's, which customer accounts acknowledged today after I had the complaint escalated. What really irritates me is the time I spent on the phone and then I get a an e-mail and that they were crediting my Kobo acct for the the overbilling. I was very explicit with customer care that I did not want a credit but rather a reversal of the charge on my Visa.
Issues:1. If they make an error should they profit on another book sale by giving you a store credit instead of reversing the charge to Visa etc?
2. It's your money not theirs if they have double-billed you and is in their bank and you have to pay Visa
3.I did not authorize two invoices charged on my Visa and Visa said they would deal with it as an unauthorized charge if Kobo doesn't correct it
4.I have bought a lot of books from Kobo and maybe they should know there is a lot of competition out there..Google, Apple, Amazon etc
5. Is this treatment of good customers a function of the new Japanese owners of Kobo?

Last edited by baker; 02-13-2012 at 09:10 PM.
baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #22
tea2
Zealot
tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd ed, Kindle 2, iPad Mini 4, Aura One.
The error 1001 happened to me too yesterday. I wrote to Kobo, and we'll see if I hear back. No book in my library either. I've bought probably 50 books from them in the past.

Edit: I wasn't using a coupon.

Last edited by tea2; 02-13-2012 at 11:29 PM.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:08 AM   #23
riverlily
Enthusiast
riverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavensriverlily is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony eReader PR350
Oh I had a similar issue. The price of the ebook I bought was much more lower on the website than what I was charged for on my credit card, that took a few weeks to resolve as well. They gave me a credit for the difference, but I did phone them about 4-5 times and emailed them at least once a week.
riverlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #24
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Got the error 1001 code Friday and yesterday. The friday incident got resolved last night and I'm still waiting for the one from yesterday to be resolved.

Edit: All fixed now... I got the last credit this morning

Last edited by estelle58; 02-14-2012 at 11:26 AM.
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #25
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Egad, I just got one of those 1001 errors - for the first time; and I buy a lot of books from Kobo.

I'll wait to see what happens, I guess...

ETA: Oh, for crying out loud. I just got my receipt. No book title. Jeez. Off to customer service, I guess.
Grrr... it has been 51 hours since I got off the phone with Kobo, and got my email saying that my issue had been sent to Tier 2.

I have heard nothing from Tier 2 yet.

ETA: See Post #12 in this Thread. Ninjalawyer's advice is very good. Posting there got the job done.

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 02-16-2012 at 07:14 AM.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #26
tea2
Zealot
tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd ed, Kindle 2, iPad Mini 4, Aura One.
Still nothing other than the auto-acknowledgement. The charge appeared on my card. No book in my library.

In between the snafu and today, I've bought about 5 books on Amazon. No more kobo books for me.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #27
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Well I got double billed for my last purchase as well. Sigh. Onward to tier two after talking to a nice csr who was very apologetic (seems like these calls are coming in frequently these days) but could do nothing but open the ticket.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #28
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
They responded but I am slightly annoyed....

I just saw in the email that they will be giving me "store credit".

I have a good mind to phone them first thing tomorrow and say, NOT good enough. So the money got doubled by accident and therefore they will keep it there? If I had the money to buy two books I would have bought two books!

I gave them the first opportunity to be good businessfolk, and they blew it. I will phone them and let them know I am phoning visa to get them to reverse the charge.

Then, I am not buying from Kobo for a long time. If ever.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #29
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I just saw in the email that they will be giving me "store credit".

I have a good mind to phone them first thing tomorrow and say, NOT good enough. So the money got doubled by accident and therefore they will keep it there? If I had the money to buy two books I would have bought two books!

I gave them the first opportunity to be good businessfolk, and they blew it. I will phone them and let them know I am phoning visa to get them to reverse the charge.

Then, I am not buying from Kobo for a long time. If ever.
Mine got sorted out today so 4 days lucky for me it was just a case of them putting the book in my library.

It seems from a few posts I've seen that it is standard operating procedure for them to provide a store credit rather than a refund when they double charge, I really object to this they have not provided the product and therefore have no right to keep the money. If it happened to me I would give them a few opportunities to do the right thing and return the cash or I would be going to my bank and disputing the charge.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #30
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I phoned them and politely but firmly made my wishes known.

I thanked them for getting back to me via e-mail, but stated that the store credit was not what I required (I used "required" instead of "wanted") and I would appreciate a refund like I originally asked.

She told me to respond to the email we talked about over the phone, (as it contains the incident number), and request for my visa to be refunded and it should take up to five days.

So I sent the e-mail, and am waiting for a confirmation of such. Customer service was very pleasant to talk to.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote