Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-21-2022, 06:46 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
How Do I Get Calibre to "See" Libra 2?

I bought a Kobo Libra 2 but I'm having problems sending any books to it which aren't from the Kobo website. I'm transfering via usb. For some reason Calibre doesn't see the ereader. I have no problems with my kindles and Calibre.

I have version 3.48. According to the website, this is the latest recommended version for Windows 7.

Is there anything I can do about this? As it stands now, there's no way for me to get any books onto the Libra, not even MR's beautifully formatted pd books.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 06:50 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=12

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2022, 06:51 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
See what PeterT said above -- he got to it before I did.

Also: Sometimes newer versions of Calibre will work okay with Windows 7, though it heavily depends on your setup. You can try downloading + unpacking a portable version and see if it runs.

Note that you do not want to open your existing library with it unless you want to upgrade permanently. There are database incompatbilities introduced in 5.x that will result in errors on older version.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 06:52 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Also:

Sometimes newer versions of Calibre will work okay with Windows 7, though it heavily depends on your setup. You can try downloading + unpacking a portable version and see if it runs.

Note that you do not want to open your existing library with it. There are database incompatbilities introduced in 5.x that will result in errors on older version.
You can. davidfor created an updated driver for calibre 3.48. See the previous post

Old 03-21-2022, 07:01 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Yeah, I just remembered it literally as I was pressing post. Cue ninja edit. Curse my memory.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2022, 07:19 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you both.

@ownedbycats: love your avatar and username.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:29 PM   #7
BookCat
C L J

I'm having problems installing the plugin. I read the sticky about installing plugins, but have problems with the following step:

"In Calibre choose Preferences->Plugins. Click the Load plugin from file button (Calibre 0.8.6 or later) or Add new plugin button (Calibre 0.8.5 or earlier) to browse to your plugin .zip file and click OK."

There isn't a 'Load Plugin from File' button. Just a list of possible plugins which I could install (some would require updating Calibre).
I tried dragging and dropping the zip file into this list but a little red crossed-through circle popped up and the proceedure didn't work.
Old 03-21-2022, 09:12 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Don't click on the arrow on Preferences; click on the Preferences button itself (or hit Ctrl-P). Then find Plugins at the bottom of the screen and click on that. Finally click "Load Plugin from file".

Old 03-22-2022, 12:09 AM   #9
BookCat
C L J

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Don't click on the arrow on Preferences; click on the Preferences button itself (or hit Ctrl-P). Then find Plugins at the bottom of the screen and click on that. Finally click "Load Plugin from file".

Thank you. Success!

Tags
calibre 3.48, libra 2, transfer via usb