Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-28-2016, 05:13 PM   #31
ph0ton
ph0ton began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+
I'm having issues that may be related to TWRP somehow and how it's interacting with SU. I am running the latest version of the TWRP formatted firmware for the Boyue T62+ (D). I am unable to run Xposed installer, it crashes on selection of any option within the program. I have tried clearing the cache, dalvik included, installing many different versions, tried a framework installer zip made for kitkat, factory reset, wiped to stock and re-installed. None of it works, and it gives the same exact behavior. I'm guessing it's because I installed the latest firmware through TWRP so I'll try flashing manually instead but does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

Update:
I tried only flashing to the latest version of the firmware without installing TWRP and xposed is still broken so I guess that's ruled out.

Last edited by ph0ton; 08-28-2016 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Update
ph0ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:04 AM   #32
xelona
xelona began at the beginning.

Device: inkbook onyx
I flashed TWRP_recovery_T62D_v1.zip with this flash_image on my inkbook onyx (apparently T61D), it flashed, and I can boot into recovery, but the touch screen does not work.

Did I mistake the file?

EDIT: updated with Auto_twrp-2.8.1.0-RK30SDK.zip and touch screen works. Is it however good to keep it or is it safer to have non-universal one (nightboy's posts would so suggest).

Last edited by xelona; 08-29-2016 at 03:14 PM.
xelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2016, 05:04 PM   #33
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
I will not have my device until school begins but when I do I would like to get this working, I see there is no T61B version (which my Wayteq is) so want to ask: if I send the boot/recovery image would you be able to make one for it?
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:05 PM   #34
ph0ton
ph0ton began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranomez View Post
I will not have my device until school begins but when I do I would like to get this working, I see there is no T61B version (which my Wayteq is) so want to ask: if I send the boot/recovery image would you be able to make one for it?
Um...... It's the very first download link dude.
ph0ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:51 PM   #35
SteveAdams
SteveAdams began at the beginning.

Device: energy sistem ereader pro hd (awaiting delivery)
I just wanted to say a big thank you to nightboy, iv now got TWRP successfully flashed after having been trying for ages and had a break since my last post here I decided to try again and it worked this time. The issue was because of the flash_image, I used the one uploaded here to the attachments and it worked without error. Iv just flashed SuperSU 2.76 and have uninstalled the apk I used to root the device in the first place. Root is still working having flashed SuperSU and installed the SuperSU apk. I'm now very happy with my rooted, debloated device. Thanks again!
SteveAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2016, 03:18 PM   #36
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: NST, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelona View Post
I flashed TWRP_recovery_T62D_v1.zip with this flash_image on my inkbook onyx (apparently T61D), it flashed, and I can boot into recovery, but the touch screen does not work.

Did I mistake the file?

EDIT: updated with Auto_twrp-2.8.1.0-RK30SDK.zip and touch screen works. Is it however good to keep it or is it safer to have non-universal one (nightboy's posts would so suggest).
You could try "inkBOOK Obsidian" recovery image. it might work. Otherwise, please post your boot.img.
As I said, the ram-disk recovery is incomplete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranomez View Post
I think that the T62B might work without issues.
nightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:10 PM   #37
xelona
xelona began at the beginning.

Device: inkbook onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightboy View Post
You could try "inkBOOK Obsidian" recovery image. it might work. Otherwise, please post your boot.img.
obsidian image had the same effect, that is recovery displayed but no reaction to touch.

I post my boot backup here: http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/K5WR8Qul/file.html

Last edited by xelona; 09-11-2016 at 03:15 PM.
xelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:59 PM   #38
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
nightboy, have you encountered the Boyue T62E? I'm in the process of finding firmware to download so that I can post a boot.img for you. Thanks.

Here is the link for my boot.img (for my Boyue T62E). Thanks!

Last edited by downeaster59; 11-07-2016 at 01:30 PM.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 06:10 PM   #39
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay. I've tried to flash TWRP on my Onyx Boox C67ML Carta 2. I've placed the flash_image file in system/bin and changed its permissions. I copied the TWRP image to /sdcard/. I type the commands in adb shell, and I get "error writing recovery - permission denied". What did I miss? Thanks.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:47 AM   #40
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Okay. I've tried to flash TWRP on my Onyx Boox C67ML Carta 2. I've placed the flash_image file in system/bin and changed its permissions. I copied the TWRP image to /sdcard/. I type the commands in adb shell, and I get "error writing recovery - permission denied". What did I miss? Thanks.
Guess I am quite late for the message and the PO seems to have left the project. Have you tried to switch to root in the shell?
Code:
adb shell
su
cd /sdcard/
flash_image recovery RecoveryImageFile.img
BTW, for my C67ML Carta 2 the recovery in the first post won't work. But the one in the third post (from FOV) Auto_twrp-2.8.1.0-C67ML_Carta_2.zip, works like a charm.

Too bad this project has been abandoned, having TWRP in our devices is great.
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:15 AM   #41
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
Guess I am quite late for the message and the PO seems to have left the project. Have you tried to switch to root in the shell?
Code:
adb shell
su
cd /sdcard/
flash_image recovery RecoveryImageFile.img
BTW, for my C67ML Carta 2 the recovery in the first post won't work. But the one in the third post (from FOV) Auto_twrp-2.8.1.0-C67ML_Carta_2.zip, works like a charm.

Too bad this project has been abandoned, having TWRP in our devices is great.
I was finally able to do it with FOV's TWRP. What I did was to install the official TWRP app and then place FOV's image on my C67's internal storage. I was then able to install it using the TWRP app.

Yes, too bad that this project seems to have been abandoned. Still, it's good to have a working TWRP on our devices.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:57 PM   #42
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Yes, too bad that this project seems to have been abandoned. Still, it's good to have a working TWRP on our devices.
I suppose with TWRP we don't need to use Factory Tools to update the firmware and we can do it like any other rom with TWRP, right? I am planning to update to 1.8.2 firmware and wanted to try it.
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:14 PM   #43
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
I suppose with TWRP we don't need to use Factory Tools to update the firmware and we can do it like any other rom with TWRP, right? I am planning to update to 1.8.2 firmware and wanted to try it.
I hope you have better luck than I did. I could not get 1.8.2 to install through TWRP. There would always be some error. I could do a nandroid backup, and I could restore from backup, but I couldn't install anything. The same thing happened with my Boyue T63.

So, I decided to use Factory Tools to reinstall 1.8.1 (which also replaced TWRP with stock recovery), and then I was able to upgrade to 1.8.2 with the update.zip at Onyx International. If I can't install anything with TWRP, what's the point of having it?
Old 05-26-2017, 11:45 AM   #44
DiDGr8
DiDGr8 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox N96ML
The ereaders all use a non-standard partition scheme (that's why TWRP was so hard to convert, IIRC the recovery "partition" is shared with other data). The nandroid backups work because they image ALL the partitions in situ. TWRP is designed to install "standard" Android images individually, so it can't handle proprietary updates from Boyue.

About the only thing TWRP is probably good for (besides full backups) is pushing files like SU (for root) to known locations without a computer running ADB or fastboot.
DiDGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:36 AM   #45
Mage3
Enthusiast
Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Mage3 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML Carta series
Does anyone know what should be changed to get TWRP working on new c67ml carta+ and c67ml carta2+ with snow field waveform technology?
Mage3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, boyue, onyx, recovery, twrp