Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-10-2022, 10:15 AM   #136
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
The jb works on new pb era too, tested with fw 6.7.584 and 6.7.775.
The only thing that fails for me is to remove the services again, it always shows the install dialog.
jb itself seems to uninstall correctly.

What do I have to do to remove the services & menu by hand?

EDIT: The jailbreak won't uninstall too, so manual uninstall instructions for both would be welcome

Last edited by the_Pan; 08-10-2022 at 11:34 AM.
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 05:46 PM   #137
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_Pan View Post
The jb works on new pb era too, tested with fw 6.7.584 and 6.7.775.
The only thing that fails for me is to remove the services again, it always shows the install dialog.
jb itself seems to uninstall correctly.

What do I have to do to remove the services & menu by hand?

EDIT: The jailbreak won't uninstall too, so manual uninstall instructions for both would be welcome
•First of all, click on the "services" application, which should show the "uninstall" option.

• If that doesn't help (which was also my case on the PB740), I downloaded an older version that also has an "uninstall" application and it worked.

V6 DOWNLOAD : https://github.com/ezdiy/pbjb/releases/
[Files of V6] : Jailbreak - Services - Unistall : Click on uninstall.app

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 08-10-2022 at 08:03 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 04:35 AM   #138
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
•First of all, click on the "services" application, which should show the "uninstall" option.
as I wrote, there is no uninstall option, only install every time, no matter how often I click.

Nevertheless, thank you for link and tip.
Meanwhile, I found the needed commands within the service.app and uninstalled everything by hand.
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 10:06 AM   #139
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
What means "suspend integration" What happens when its enabled, what happens if its disabled? The whole term makes my brain turn into knots...
"permanetly enable usbnet" - i think it should be possible to get access with wifi disabled and only usb-connection active? How do i use it correctly? Do i have to enable anything on the mac where the cable is sticked in?
If please anyone would explain that! Many thanks in advance!!!
igorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 12:26 PM   #140
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
Ok, that was a good idea, but...
On my Inkpad the jailbreak ended with constant file-system-errors, strange things happened, so i wanted to uninstall it:
The uninstall never occurs, because on installing the jailbreak on the inkpad several things went bad silently. (I only wanted ssh-access, didnt activate other things). When i tried to uninstall the mentioned "Start the services again for uninstall" i only got "You want to install..." and the whole install occurred again. So i decided to look inside the apps - result is that they are shell-scripts, which looked fine in the first moment. But i dont understand many of the scripting but one thing that several things (folders) on which the jailbreak relies are not present on the inkpad. The mentioned /mnt/secure/.pkgver doesnt exist. Nor /mnt/secure/lib. The settings.old was never created on install nor the /var/tmp/backup_etc.

So every try to get rid of the jailbreak fails completely.
At last i modified the services.app line 75 from "exit 0" to "uninstall", to get a chance of any uninstall.
But some important things still rest somewhere in the system.
I tried to update the inkpad manually (first resetted the whole pad, formatted the internal storage and it ended in a notably bricked pad: I dont get a fully "new" install.
The firmware-update ends every time in "Update failed" and the last lines before "Device will shutdown in a few seconds" are somewhat like "permission denied /mnt/secure/runonce/jailbreak-startup.sh and two other permission denied messages. So before i deleted that folders manually, same as the /mnt/secure/runonce/*.sh /mnt/secure/bin /mnt/secure/etc.
To my sight all should be deleted, but in a to me unknown place exist one or more scripts which make the firmware-update fail.
Due to my last tries to get back a working device i dont have any log, but to get them i would install the jailbreak again to get them.

So if anyone here can explain which files get where installed to delete them manually i would be extremely happy to get that info, i want a fully working pad - ssh would be good, but that thing is something different, when the whole thing works again.

Jailbreak was the actual v8-16-g8f1fb88, firmware of the inkpad is 6.5.2920
Thank you all in advance

PS: See the pic i made from the update: The referenced jailbreak_startup.sh doesnt exist anymore! Where does that message come from?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8203-klein.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	456.0 KB
ID:	196032  

Last edited by igorius; 08-22-2022 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Added pic
igorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:06 PM   #141
Clort
Clort began at the beginning.

Device: inkbook color 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorius View Post
To my sight all should be deleted, but in a to me unknown place exist one or more scripts which make the firmware-update fail.
Due to my last tries to get back a working device i dont have any log, but to get them i would install the jailbreak again to get them.

So if anyone here can explain which files get where installed to delete them manually i would be extremely happy to get that info, i want a fully working pad - ssh would be good, but that thing is something different, when the whole thing works again.
Hello igorius I just wanted to let you know I have read of your problem and would like to help, but it would take me some time to re-learn and find the info you need, and I am preparing for the imminent collapse of civilization at the moment.
Clort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 04:00 PM   #142
ashirviskas
ashirviskas began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3 Pro
Quote:
On my Inkpad the jailbreak ended with constant file-system-errors, strange things happened, so i wanted to uninstall it:
The uninstall never occurs, because on installing the jailbreak on the inkpad several things went bad silently. (I only wanted ssh-access, didnt activate other things). When i tried to uninstall the mentioned "Start the services again for uninstall" i only got "You want to install..." and the whole install occurred again. So i decided to look inside the apps - result is that they are shell-scripts, which looked fine in the first moment. But i dont understand many of the scripting but one thing that several things (folders) on which the jailbreak relies are not present on the inkpad. The mentioned /mnt/secure/.pkgver doesnt exist. Nor /mnt/secure/lib. The settings.old was never created on install nor the /var/tmp/backup_etc.

At last i modified the services.app line 75 from "exit 0" to "uninstall", to get a chance of any uninstall.
I tried to update the inkpad manually (first resetted the whole pad, formatted the internal storage and it ended in a notably bricked pad: I dont get a fully "new" install.
The firmware-update ends every time in "Update failed" and the last lines before "Device will shutdown in a few seconds" are somewhat like "permission denied /mnt/secure/runonce/jailbreak-startup.sh and two other permission denied messages. So before i deleted that folders manually, same as the /mnt/secure/runonce/*.sh /mnt/secure/bin /mnt/secure/etc.

Thank you all in advance

PS: See the pic i made from the update: The referenced jailbreak_startup.sh doesnt exist anymore! Where does that message come from?
I have a very similar issue. I had my device rooted just for SSH and now after the latest (failed) update touchscreen doesn't register any touch and I cannot really do anything. I've tried reinstalling the update by holding left + right + power buttons, but it fails in the exact same way. Though I can still access some most of the filesystem through USB.

Here are the logs:

swupdate.log:
Code:
 Firmware updateswupdate version: Jul 26 2022,07:52:24Searching for update image...Updating from internal memoryDevice serial number: XXXXXXXXXChecking update image...Found FW for device model: PocketBook740-2Image is OKFirmware version: U740-2.6.5.2917padding sectionunpack swupdateRunning update code.../dev/mmcblk0p2 cleanUpdating update filesystem...Running update code... 2  1 dosfsck run 2 and return 0mbr already patchedUpdate TouchFW ID=21 in 740Already 0x0103 Major '0x03' Minor '0x00'Extract DB management scriptsExtract empik-2 DB management scriptsExtract player-2 management scriptsExtract audiobooks management scriptsUpdating root fs...need uncompress dataUpdating ebrmain...need uncompress dataRunning update code...Check ebrmain..Resize ebrmain..Check rootfs..Resize rootfs..[TAR] process TAR chains* * * * * *[SHELL] starting shell script ./S43-install-bootlogo.sh[SHELL] starting shell script ./S43-install-bootlogo.sh[SHELL] starting shell script ./S46-low-power-v2.sh[SHELL] starting shell script ./S46-low-power-v2.shInstall lowbatlogo:Install lowbatlogo:install B740_WW_pwr.low_logo.bmpinstall B740_WW_pwr.low_logo.bmpUse /ebrmain/logo/lowbatlogo/B740_WW_pwr.low_logo.bmp as low power logo after restartUse /ebrmain/logo/lowbatlogo/B740_WW_pwr.low_logo.bmp as low power logo after restartmount: mounting /dev/ebrmain on /ebrmain failed: Device or resource busymount: mounting /dev/ebrmain on /ebrmain failed: Device or resource busychown: /mnt/secure/runonce/jailbreak_startup.sh: Operation not permittedchown: /mnt/secure/runonce/jailbreak_startup.sh: Operation not permittedchmod: /mnt/secure/runonce/jailbreak_startup.sh: Operation not permittedchmod: /mnt/secure/runonce/jailbreak_startup.sh: Operation not permittedUpdate failedThe device will turn off in few seconds
pbjb_install_log.txt:
Code:
+ pidof bookshelf.app
+ iv2sh SetActiveTask 1441 0
do main_internal(iv2sh,SetActiveTask,1441,0)
called iv2sh
do main_internal(SetActiveTask,1441,0)
called SetActiveTask
FOUND SetActiveTask 
SetActiveTask_(1441 argc=2
Atached mp shm: id 0 addr a499f000 size 17616
program_name = [iv2sh], basename = [iv2sh], init_string = [/P7.Sink=Null /P7.Pool=128 /P7.Format="{%ts}[%fs:%fl] %lv %ms"]
program init string = [(null)]
default init string = [(null)]
Atached mqueue: id 8001
**** hw_task_register(iv2sh,00010025)=1548
attach_shm: mtfb key=251348492 size=2808848
Atached mtfb shm: id d8009 addr a3b52000 size 2808848
-------------------------
The task - iv2sh fb 0xa3b52000
 xres=1404 yres=1872 scanline=1408 vdepth=8 orient=0
attach_shm: mttempfb key=251308714 size=2665728
Atached mttempfb shm: id 8001 addr a38c7000 size 2665728
[hw_setglobalkeymask] gka0 = 4000002; gka1 = c800002; gka2 = 800000
OpenTheme: /ebrmain/themes/Line.pbt
Theme real name: Line
ts: loading default calibration values
TOUCHMATRIX: 0 0 10000 18720000 -10000 0
SetActiveTask(1441, 0)
Return 1
+ cat /mnt/secure/.pkgver
+ PVER=v6-3-g671d61c
+ base=/mnt/ext1/system/config/settings
+ settings=/mnt/ext1/system/config/settings/settings.json
+ rootset=/mnt/ext1/system/config/settings/rootsettings.json
+ old=/ebrmain/config/settings/settings.json
+ bk=/var/tmp/backup_etc
+ [ v6-3-g671d61c !=  ]
+ [ v6-3-g671d61c != v8-16-g8f1fb88 ]
+ dialog 1  Version v6-3-g671d61c already installed Update to v8-16-g8f1fb88 Cancel Uninstall
Atached mp shm: id 0 addr a4916000 size 17616
program_name = [dialog], basename = [dialog], init_string = [/P7.Sink=Null /P7.Pool=128 /P7.Format="{%ts}[%fs:%fl] %lv %ms"]
**** hw_task_register(dialog,00000005)=1556
attach_shm: mtfb key=251348500 size=2808848
Atached mtfb shm: id e000c addr a3a52000 size 2808848
The task - dialog fb 0xa3a52000
Atached mttempfb shm: id 8001 addr a37c7000 size 2665728
attach_shm: mtfb key=251348385 size=2808848
Atached mtfb shm: id 70002 addr a2ca9000 size 2808848
SetActiveTask(1556, 0)
[1556 : dialog] (hw_nextevent)mq_receive ret -1 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
+ st=1
+ [ 1 == 3 ]
+ [ 1 == 2 ]
+ echo v8-16-g8f1fb88
+ mkdir -p /mnt/ext1/public_html
+ echo *.html files are served from here if 'HTTP server' option is enabled. dynamic pages can be served by *.cgi scripts.
+ mkdir /mnt/ext1/public
mkdir: can't create directory '/mnt/ext1/public': File exists
+ echo Files in here are served to public via smb:\\pocketbook\public, ftp://anonymous@pocketbook and http://pocketbook/public/
+ mkdir /mnt/ext1/.ssh
mkdir: can't create directory '/mnt/ext1/.ssh': File exists
+ mkdir -p /mnt/ext1/system/etc/init.d
+ mkdir -p /mnt/ext1/system/config/settings
+ awk /^__DATA/ {print NR + 1; exit 0; } /mnt/ext1/applications/Services.app
+ ARCHIVE=200
+ remove_bind
+ umount -l /usr/share/terminfo
+ umount -l /ebrmain/bin/netagent
+ umount -l /var/tmp/netagent.orig
umount: can't unmount /var/tmp/netagent.orig: No such file or directory
+ umount -l /lib/modules/ins_usbnet.sh
umount: can't unmount /lib/modules/ins_usbnet.sh: Invalid argument
+ umount -l /lib/modules/rm_usbnet.sh
umount: can't unmount /lib/modules/rm_usbnet.sh: Invalid argument
+ umount -l /lib/modules/ins_usb_mod.sh
umount: can't unmount /lib/modules/ins_usb_mod.sh: Invalid argument
+ umount -l /lib/modules/rm_usb_mod.sh
umount: can't unmount /lib/modules/rm_usb_mod.sh: Invalid argument
+ umount -l /lib/modules/usb_test.sh
umount: can't unmount /lib/modules/usb_test.sh: Invalid argument
+ backup_config
+ mkdir /var/tmp/backup_etc
+ cp -af /mnt/secure/etc/firewall /var/tmp/backup_etc
+ cp -af /mnt/secure/etc/ftpd.passwd /mnt/secure/etc/passwd /var/tmp/backup_etc
+ cp -af /mnt/secure/etc/lighttpd.conf /mnt/secure/etc/mime.conf /mnt/secure/etc/proftpd.conf /var/tmp/backup_etc
+ chattr -i /mnt/secure/runonce/jailbreak_startup.sh
+ chattr -i /mnt/secure/init.d
+ chattr -i /mnt/secure/rcS
+ chattr -i /mnt/secure/etc
+ chattr -i /mnt/secure/init.d/00-cpufreq.sh /mnt/secure/init.d/00-net.sh /mnt/secure/init.d/00-setpass.sh /mnt/secure/init.d/01-tzfix.sh /mnt/secure/init.d/02-usb.sh /mnt/secure/init.d/05-firewall.sh /mnt/secure/init.d/10-sshd.sh /mnt/secure/init.d/20-smbd.sh /mnt/secure/init.d/30-ftpd.sh /mnt/secure/init.d/40-httpd.sh /mnt/secure/init.d/90-fix.sh
+ rm -rf /mnt/secure/init.d
+ rm -f /mnt/secure/rcS
+ rm -f /mnt/secure/.pkgver
+ rm -rf /mnt/secure/etc /mnt/secure/bin /mnt/secure/lib
+ echo Extracting
Extracting
+ chmod 755 /mnt/secure
+ tail -n+200 /mnt/ext1/applications/Services.app
+ cd /mnt/secure
+ tar xvz -C /mnt/secure
./
./bin/
./bin/ins_usb_mod.sh
./bin/iptables
./bin/rsync
./bin/sftp-server
./bin/lighttpd
./bin/empty.sh
./bin/smbd
./bin/ntlmhash
./bin/netagent
./bin/ssh
./bin/usb_test.sh
./bin/rm_usb_mod.sh
./bin/sysstat.app
./bin/dropbear
./bin/nano
./bin/applysettings.app
./bin/nmbd
./bin/htop
./bin/iptables-save
./bin/smbpasswd
./bin/iptables-restore
./bin/powertop
./bin/scp
./bin/proftpd
./bin/lftp
./.profile
./etc/
./etc/mod/
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/3/
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/3/cdc_eem.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/3/cdc_subset.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/3/cdc_ncm.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/3/cdc_ether.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/3/nfs.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/2/
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/2/cifs.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/2/usbnet.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/2/cachefiles.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/2/cuse.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/2/nfs_acl.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/2/lockd.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/4/
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/4/rndis_host.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/4/nfsv2.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/4/nfsv3.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/4/cdc_mbim.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/squashfs.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/ion-kernel-use-demo.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_iso8859-7.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_iso8859-5.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp864.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_iso8859-6.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp932.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_iso8859-13.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/mac-romanian.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp855.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/ansi_cprng.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/md4.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_iso8859-15.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/cdc-wdm.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_ascii.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_iso8859-2.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp865.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/romfs.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_iso8859-3.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/ntfs.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/mii.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp857.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/isofs.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp737.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/mac-centeuro.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/mac-inuit.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/tun.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/fuse.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp950.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp861.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/mac-roman.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp866.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp936.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_iso8859-9.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp1255.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp1250.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/mac-cyrillic.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/mac-croatian.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp863.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/mac-turkish.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp1251.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/mac-greek.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp862.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp874.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_koi8-ru.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp852.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_koi8-u.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/sunrpc.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp869.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_euc-jp.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_iso8859-14.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/f2fs.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp775.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/mac-iceland.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_iso8859-4.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp860.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_koi8-r.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/mac-celtic.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp850.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/mac-gaelic.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/nls_cp949.ko.gz
./etc/mod/3.10.65+/1/fscache.ko.gz
./etc/terminfo/
./etc/terminfo/r/
./etc/terminfo/r/rxvt-m
./etc/terminfo/r/rxvt-unicode
./etc/terminfo/r/rxvt
./etc/terminfo/r/rxvt-basic
./etc/terminfo/x/
./etc/terminfo/x/xterm-vt220
./etc/terminfo/x/xterm-mono
./etc/terminfo/x/xterm-256color
./etc/terminfo/x/xterm-xfree86
./etc/terminfo/x/xterm-debian
./etc/terminfo/x/xterm-color
./etc/terminfo/x/xterm
./etc/terminfo/v/
./etc/terminfo/v/vt220
./etc/terminfo/v/vt100
./etc/terminfo/v/vt52
./etc/terminfo/v/vt102
./etc/motd
./etc/mime.conf
./etc/rcS
./etc/firewall
./etc/init.d/
./etc/init.d/40-httpd.sh
./etc/init.d/30-ftpd.sh
./etc/init.d/00-net.sh
./etc/init.d/10-sshd.sh
./etc/init.d/02-usb.sh
./etc/init.d/20-smbd.sh
./etc/init.d/90-fix.sh
./etc/init.d/01-tzfix.sh
./etc/init.d/05-firewall.sh
./etc/init.d/00-cpufreq.sh
./etc/init.d/00-mod.sh
./etc/init.d/00-setpass.sh
./etc/lighttpd.conf
./etc/proftpd.conf
./etc/samba/
./etc/samba/smb.conf
./.ssh
./runonce/
./runonce/jailbreak_startup.sh
./.config/
./.config/htop/
./.config/htop/htoprc
+ [ 0 != 0 ]
+ restore_config
+ cp -af /var/tmp/backup_etc/firewall /var/tmp/backup_etc/ftpd.passwd /var/tmp/backup_etc/lighttpd.conf /var/tmp/backup_etc/mime.conf /var/tmp/backup_etc/passwd /var/tmp/backup_etc/proftpd.conf /mnt/secure/etc/
+ chattr +i /mnt/secure/runonce/jailbreak_startup.sh /mnt/secure/su
+ [ ! -e /mnt/secure/etc/passwd ]
+ [ -e /mnt/ext1/system/config/settings/settings.json ]
+ grep rootsettings /mnt/ext1/system/config/settings/settings.json
+ [ ! -e /mnt/ext1/system/config/settings/settings.json ]
+ cat
+ head -2 /mnt/secure/etc/init.d/00-cpufreq.sh
+ tail -1
+ desc=##CPU frequency scaling
+ [ ## != ## ]
+ desc=CPU frequency scaling
+ n=00-cpufreq.sh
+ bn=cpufreq.sh
+ id=cpufreq
+ cat
+ head -2 /mnt/secure/etc/init.d/00-mod.sh
+ tail -1
+ desc=for n in /mnt/secure/etc/mod/`uname -r`/*/*.ko.gz; do
+ [ fo != ## ]
+ continue
+ head -2 /mnt/secure/etc/init.d/00-net.sh
+ tail -1
+ desc=ifconfig lo up 127.0.0.1
+ [ if != ## ]
+ continue
+ head -2 /mnt/secure/etc/init.d/00-setpass.sh
+ tail -1
+ desc=if [ -e /mnt/ext1/rootpassword.txt ]; then
+ [ if != ## ]
+ continue
+ head -2 /mnt/secure/etc/init.d/01-tzfix.sh
+ desc=umount /etc/localtime
+ [ um != ## ]
+ continue
+ head -2 /mnt/secure/etc/init.d/02-usb.sh
+ tail -1
+ desc=##USBnet
+ [ ## != ## ]
+ desc=USBnet
+ n=02-usb.sh
+ bn=usb.sh
+ id=usb
+ cat
+ hetail -1
/mnt/secure/etc/init.d/05-firewall.sh
+ desc=##Firewall rules
+ [ ## != ## ]
+ desc=Firewall rules
+ n=05-firewall.sh
+ bn=firewall.sh
+ id=firewall
+ cat
+ head -2 /mnt/secure/etc/init.d/10-sshd.sh
+ tail -1
+ desc=##SSH server
+ [ ## != ## ]
+ desc=SSH server
+ n=10-sshd.sh
+ bn=sshd.sh
+ id=sshd
+ cat
+ head -2 /mnt/secure/etc/init.d/20-smbd.sh
+ tail -1
+ desc=##SMB server
+ [ ## != ## ]
+ desc=SMB server
+ n=20-smbd.sh
+ bn=smbd.sh
+ id=smbd
+ cat
+ head -2 /mnt/secure/etc/init.d/30-ftpd.sh
+ tail -1
+ desc=##FTP server
+ [ ## != ## ]
+ desc=FTP server
+ n=30-ftpd.sh
+ bn=ftpd.sh
+ id=ftpd
+ cat
+ head -2 /mnt/secure/etc/init.d/40-httpd.sh
+ tail -1
+ desc=##HTTP & WebDAV server
+ [ ## != ## ]
+ desc=HTTP & WebDAV server
+ n=40-httpd.sh
+ bn=httpd.sh
+ id=httpd
+ cat
+ head -2 /mnt/secure/etc/init.d/90-fix.sh
+ tail -1
+ desc=##Suspend integration
+ [ ## != ## ]
+ desc=Suspend integration
+ n=90-fix.sh
+ bn=fix.sh
+ id=fix
+ cat
+ echo ]
+ sync
+ dialog 1  Services installed, restart is needed to get em running. Restart now Restart later
Atached mp shm: id 0 addr a49cb000 size 17616
program_name = [dialog], basename = [dialog], init_string = [/P7.Sink=Null /P7.Pool=128 /P7.Format="{%ts}[%fs:%fl] %lv %ms"]
**** hw_task_register(dialog,00000005)=1664
attach_shm: mtfb key=251348608 size=2808848
Atached mtfb shm: id e8009 addr a3b52000 size 2808848
The task - dialog fb 0xa3b52000
Atached mttempfb shm: id 8001 addr a38c7000 size 2665728
attach_shm: mtfb key=251348385 size=2808848
Atached mtfb shm: id 70002 addr a2d51000 size 2808848
SetActiveTask(1664, 0)
[1664 : dialog] (hw_nextevent)mq_receive ret -1 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
+ [ 1 == 1 ]
+ sync
+ /sbin/reboot
+ exit 0
Would love some guidance on how to get it back to a working condition
ashirviskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 04:37 PM   #143
hombretranquilo
hombretranquilo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.hombretranquilo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.hombretranquilo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.hombretranquilo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.hombretranquilo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.hombretranquilo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.hombretranquilo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.hombretranquilo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.hombretranquilo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.hombretranquilo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.hombretranquilo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Aura HD, Inkpad 3
ashirviskas, this worked for me: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=348174

Last edited by hombretranquilo; 10-17-2022 at 04:41 PM.
hombretranquilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 07:15 AM   #144
PocketSolo
PocketSolo began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook TL3
No connection via Wifi to PocketBook possible

Hello together,

after installing the Root and Services without any errors i tried to ssh to the reader. Seems not working. Under System Status UP: SSHD, HTTPD, SMBD,FTPD is shown. But none of these services are reachable under the wifi IP. I disabled firewall but no luck so far. Any Ideas? Other devices are reachable in the network via PC so it must be a problem related to the reader.

FW is 636.5.20.1157
PocketSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:42 AM   #145
lillo9546
lillo9546 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.lillo9546 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.lillo9546 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.lillo9546 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.lillo9546 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.lillo9546 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.lillo9546 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.lillo9546 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.lillo9546 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.lillo9546 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.lillo9546 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: hisense a5
Hi!
I do have a Inkpad 3.
Could I connect a wireless keyboard such as the ibridge for the ipad mini?
lillo9546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 08:55 AM   #146
kvanton
kvanton began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 616
Post PB616 Jailbreak work fine, trouble with Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdiy View Post
+ if you have other device it works on please report.
PB616 root also works fine, but the network could not be raised (this model does not have wifi / bt, etc.)

But root itself is also useful (I solved the problem of opening the last book when turned on in Cool Reader, instead of the standard software)
Attached Files
File Type: txt pbjb_install_log.txt (11.6 KB, 95 views)
kvanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 12:56 PM   #147
anorajo
anorajo began at the beginning.

Device: RB627
Unhappy Not working on PB627 U627.6.5.2898

sw: U627.6.5.2898
release: 20220720_182323
localizacia: WW

I have tried version v8 and also v6. V8 returns "failed to root" and v6 does nothing.
anorajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 04:15 PM   #148
64konrad64
64konrad64 began at the beginning.

Device: Lux5 PB628
Smile

Quote:

Thank you all in advance

I had exactly the same problem (Update failed - on jailbreak_startup.sh) and just fixed it.
1. SSH as root.
2. Look at https://github.com/ezdiy/pbjb/blob/m...s-installer.sh line 42
3. Run chattr -i /mnt/secure/runonce/*.sh (to get permissions to the file the installer gets stuck on)
4. Run mv /mnt/secure/runonce/jailbreak_startup.sh /mnt/secure/runonce/jailbreak_startup.bak (to remove the problematic file)
5. Flash new firmware (back+forward+turn on)
6. Everything should work but root is gone.
7. Install root (PBJB v8) again
I have it running U628.6.8.974 currently.
64konrad64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 01:16 PM   #149
robberknight
robberknight began at the beginning.

Device: Cray XK7
I can confirm that the v8 jailbreak works with the new Inkpad 4 (U743g), version 6.8.884.

Only thing I haven't gotten to work is key based SSH authentication. I tried to copy the authorized_keys to /mnt/secure/.ssh, to /etc/dropbear and to /mnt/secure/etc/dropbear but it isn't recognized anywhere. Also when looking at the stderr output from dropbear I don't see any error messages regarding key auth.

Any tips for getting SSH keys to work?
robberknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 03:29 PM   #150
x3oo
Enthusiast
x3oo began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
impressive. did anybody try if you can activate bluetooth on inkpad 3?

edit: my device doesnt have bluetooth although its a inkpad 3 pro

Last edited by x3oo; 07-15-2023 at 07:35 AM.
x3oo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
root