Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-22-2020, 03:43 PM   #1
kpoviv
kpoviv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Enlarge images in ebooks?

I already know that I can enlarge an image by double clicking on a photograph in an ebook.
But I wanted to know if there is any way to modify the size of some images with calibre. For example: I am reading a book by Sthepen King (Joyland). In the beginning of the book, she shows a map of an amusement park that looks very small (see image). That type of images that appear small, can they be put in full screen on the kindle with caliber? As if it were a cover of a book.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JOYLAND map.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	184197   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201222_173515.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	184198  
kpoviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 01:32 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoviv View Post
I already know that I can enlarge an image by double clicking on a photograph in an ebook.
But I wanted to know if there is any way to modify the size of some images with calibre. For example: I am reading a book by Sthepen King (Joyland). In the beginning of the book, she shows a map of an amusement park that looks very small (see image). That type of images that appear small, can they be put in full screen on the kindle with caliber? As if it were a cover of a book.
If you have double-tapped to zoom the image, you can zoom in further with ‘spread’ two-finger gesture, and pan with drag gesture. What else would you want? If the resolution is not to your liking calibre cannot help with that: you’d need a higher resolution image to replace what is there.

Sounds like you want it to display ‘full page’ without the double tap? But with cover display there is no way to zoom in further, so even if you could change the formatting to do that, not sure it would be worth the trouble.

Last edited by tomsem; 12-23-2020 at 01:49 PM.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
full size, image, libro, libros