Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
afsandiego
Enthusiast
afsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600 and iPhone 3GS
in search for an anti-glare film for the prs600

Okay, I was the guys who started the thread regarding me returning my prs600
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55833

well today, as a gift from my fiancee for my birthday, she gave me the chance to choose between which reader to get and I ended up getting the red prs600 again just because I really love the feature of it the device..*(this will also stop me returning the device now because I got it as a gift...lol)

Now, I am in a hunt to get the best anti-glare film for the prs600, I am not sure why I never thought of it before I return my original one. I am looking at something like this: http://microcenter.com/single_produc...uct_id=0294149
which I am thinking of getting today to test it out...

I want to know if anybody here has tried it out and what has been the outcome of it..
afsandiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I think the anti glare filter will reduce the clarity of the screen.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
afsandiego
Enthusiast
afsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enoughafsandiego will become famous soon enough

thats what I want to actually try to check first..
Old 09-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
I would love to hear whether it has an effect on the sensitivity of the touch screen. The Nintendo DS screen protectors don't seem to be fatal but I don't know if the touch screen on the Sony would be affected.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
afsandiego
Enthusiast

okay, I went to the store today to check out that screen film that I had on my top post and its a no go.. it did not do anything on the glare..

has anyone here tried something even for the prs700?
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I think I recall some people trying this touch screen protector film that actually cut down on the glare, but don't quote me on that.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:35 PM   #7
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
there are threads, they will be buried deep in this forum. but people said it didn't make a difference, or made it worse.

the glare really isn't that bad, give it a week and you wont notice it ever, give it a minute, and you will forget about it.

people who had the 700 stop complaining after reading a book.

I've read over 60 on it.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #8
holden1
holden1 doesn't litterholden1 doesn't litter

Device: sony-505
I tried the sony screen protector and found that it did not affect the sensitivty of the touch screen, it did reduce the glare, but did reduce the contrast a little.

If you dont mind losing a little (and it is a little) bit of contrast, the sony screen protector is great.
holden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #9
ifonline
Connoisseur
ifonline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
the glare really isn't that bad, give it a week and you wont notice it ever, give it a minute, and you will forget about it.
Why do people insist on believing that their experiences define what others must experience?
ifonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #10
afsandiego
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden1 View Post
I tried the sony screen protector and found that it did not affect the sensitivty of the touch screen, it did reduce the glare, but did reduce the contrast a little.

If you dont mind losing a little (and it is a little) bit of contrast, the sony screen protector is great.
which one are you talking about? links? where did you get it?
Old 09-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #11
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...-protector.htm

TBH, The decrease in visibility isn't worth it.
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #12
holden1
holden1 doesn't litterholden1 doesn't litter

Device: sony-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by afsandiego View Post
which one are you talking about? links? where did you get it?
Its Sonys own brand - it came out for the 505. This is the link - its UK and I'm not sure if they are available in the US:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/rda-ot...prs-6screenpro
holden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #13
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I am looking and have had no luck so far finding the PRS-6SCREENPRO (Sony screen protector for PRS-600) available to customers in the US. The closest so far is from Amazon UK, which might accept a pre-order. I'm going to wait a few days and look again on SonyStyle.com. Surely they will carry it soon!! Meanwhile, I am turning pages with the buttons.
Fi
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:29 AM   #14
dylenol
dylenol began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
I found this thread on google but figured I would drop in because I found an anti-glare screen for the prs-600 the other day and ordered it. Got it today, pretty good, I am happy with it:

http://www.amazon.com/Lexerd-PRS-600...3957109&sr=8-2

There is the link, as far as I can tell they seem to be the only person selling it.

I hope that helps.
dylenol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:42 AM   #15
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
dylenol, can you post some photos of what it looks like in real life?
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote