Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2021, 12:45 PM   #1
Rambytes
Rambytes began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2020
Why i cannot connect to my PW4 over Wi-Fi with USBNetwork

Hello and sorry if this question whas already asked, and sorry for my english too.

Ive install into my PW4 the USBNetwork plugin. Toogle it, but i cannot find the Kindle in my android file system. Im using Solid Explorer to connect to my PC with SMB, but i cannot find when im looking for New deveice the Kindle...

I Just want to send to my Kindle some new images for the screensaver, font and maybe few epub file without always plug into my computer.

Ive not found any instruction to proceed to be able to link my android phone with my Kindle over Wi-Fi.

thanks again for your precious help.
Rambytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:00 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Then you failed to read the hack's doc.

SSH over Wi-Fi is disabled by default, because it requires sane authentication to be setup first, and that's easier to implement first over USB, because authentication checks are bypassed that way.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2021, 01:07 PM   #3
Rambytes

The only way to connect to the Kindle is over SSH? If i dont know any SSH command? It's more complicated than i think
Old 01-19-2021, 01:52 PM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Solid Explorer has built-in SFTP client.
KOReader can start the wi-fi server.
hius07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:56 PM   #5
Rambytes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Then you failed to read the hack's doc.

SSH over Wi-Fi is disabled by default, because it requires sane authentication to be setup first, and that's easier to implement first over USB, because authentication checks are bypassed that way.
OK, look good... Can you provide me the link to start it up?
Advert