Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
mitch13
Groupie
mitch13 began at the beginning.

Device: Appraising the market
Calibre Multiple Libraries

I have several separate libraries in Calibre. I have Calibre Portable running on a 3Gb portable drive. This means that I run Calibre from several PCs/Laptops.

Is there anyway that Calibre could recognise all my libraries when I start Calibre?
It naturally recognises the library I was last in but then when I want to transfer books to one of the other libraries I have to go to it using Quick Switch which takes some time.

I see now that sending books to another library identifies those that are already in that library which is great. Is it possible to have another option when it finds duplicates to delete them from the source library?

Cheers

mitch13
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Copy to Library uses the Quick Switch list (known Libraries)

Find Duplicates Plugin: If you right-click the icon, Find Library Duplicates:<a known library>
You can pick and choose (and even View) from the results (delete or not. it is NOT automatic)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2019, 06:02 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What do you mean by 'recognise all my libraries when I start Calibre?' -- calibre can only access one library at a time, and IIRC you cannot force portable to start with specific library.

The Find Duplicates plugin has a 'Find library duplicates' that will find duplicates in another library, but it won't auto delete from either library.

Depending on what your doing you might find the CalibreSpy plugin useful, it provides a concurrent Read Only GUI that can be used on multiple libraries.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:45 PM   #4
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cross-Library CalibreSpy Clipboard Search Queries

See demo video:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=75

The video is within the zip.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:24 PM   #5
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Another option might be to use Calibre's virtual libraries. All of the books are together in one library but you can set it up so that a virtual library only shows certain stuff. I have three virtual libraries, calibre-finished, calibre-unread, and calibre-purchased. So for example, calibre-unread shows me everything that's not in calibre-finished including ones that might be in calibre-purchased.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2019, 06:42 PM   #6
mitch13
Groupie
mitch13 began at the beginning.

Device: Appraising the market
Thank you for replies. Just to try and clarify, I don't want to open all libraries at once. I just want them in the list of "active" libraries so if I want to transfer a book to another library I just right-click the book, go down to Copy to Library and it will allow the transfer without striking message that library does not exist, then to Quick Switch and go to that library. When receiving library is open then back to the sending library to do the transfer. I admit that once all libraries are opened by this method it is then fine. But if I go to another PC/Laptop I am back to square one and need to open them all again.
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:58 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Where are the libraries stored - if you're using calibre portable edition they must be in the same location as calibre-portable.exe, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-06-27 084832.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	172122

If they're not then you'll run into the sort of problems you're seeing.

If there is a jolly good reason why they can't be there, you could create a symlink there that references the actual library location using the MKLINK command.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote