Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Problem after (once) closing the File Preview

I once (idly) closed the File Preview in the Editor, and since then I have not been able to open it properly again.

Instantly the HTML file view expanded and swallowed up the space there the File Preview had been. When I re-opened the File Preview, it was in a separate window lying across the right half of the HTML file view and partly covering it. I have not managed to push back to HTML so to speak and open File Preview next to it again. This makes using the Editor extremely awkward, as I must constantly open and close the File Preview if I want to see all of the HTML.

Can someone here very kindly help me? Thanks ever so much!
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
How are you opening File Preview? Via the Menu: View?
Note: the the Preview pane is 'dockable' to the main window.
You may have detached it (like I do because I put it on my second monitor),
It may be hiding in plain sight (just very small/thin), when you try to open it, you are really closing it, thus the Codeview takes over.

Look for TABS While trying to 'dock' it in the same space as I have my File browser and TOC which do get TABS at the bottom, the Preview went away.
Closing the TOC and File browser (remove tick in the View Menu) exposed the Preview underneath.

A slight bug in that it should have either grown a Tab or prevented the dock with a occupied space
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you very much for your reply! It appears that the preview had detached itself. I have fiddled around some more, and if by magic a space opened for the preview while I was moving it around like mad, and there it went. Such a relief!

Thank you very much again for your support!
Old 05-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I've also had problems in the past redocking the Preview pane. I don't seem to have the knack of positioning the now free-floating item in 'just the right place' such that it 'sticks' again.

Until someone comes along with better help, this is not very scientific but it works for me:
  • If it isn't already, close the Inspector pane (View - uncheck Inspector)
  • Re-open the Inspector pane which (for me) docks the Inspector pane down the righthand side - which is where I want the Preview to be.
  • Now drag the floating Preview pane and drop it on top of the Inspector pane. With luck both Preview and Inspector are now docked - one on top of the other - down the right.
  • Close the Inspector pane again - or not if you want them both open.

Edit: Damn, not fast enough
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #5
mikapanja
Perfectionist
mikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermikapanja can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
Redocking the File Preview:
double-click the title bar of the File Preview window
mikapanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikapanja View Post
D'oh Thank you, that's much faster
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:21 AM   #7
Britomart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikapanja View Post
So easy! Thank you!!!