Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
moving files to sd drive?

Bought an 8 gb micro sd drive, plugged it in, it finds it. Have Astro. But for the life of me though I found the files I want to move, I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I hit select all and move....and nothing. I'm missing something and could use some guidance (please!)

Thanks

Cypher
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
rmorrow
rmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Watch the tool bar at the top. After you do a long press move or copy, the left most icon will change to paste. Browse to the destination folder that you want and then press the paste button, and your files will be moved or copied.

Rick
rmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

That's the problem I don't know how to browse to where the sd card is....?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
rmorrow
rmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watch

The external SD card is mounted at /mnt/extsd.

Rick
Old 11-03-2011, 12:40 AM   #5
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Yeah, I had the exact same issues yesterday:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155614

Found that I could 'copy', but not 'move'.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:58 AM   #6
cypherslock
Groupie

Ok but how do I browse to there from within Astro? There doesn't seem to be a way to do so, so I can move things...
Old 11-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #7
rmorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post
Ok but how do I browse to there from within Astro? There doesn't seem to be a way to do so, so I can move things...
The two buttons you'll use the most to navigate your file-system are the two left-most buttons; the "Home" button and the "Up" button. Tapping "Home" will put you in /mnt/sdcard. Tapping "Up" will move you up one directory to /mnt. To move to the external sd card you then tap on the folder named extsd.

These steps are the basics of navigating to anywhere in the file-system. I'd suggest checking out the astro home page at http://www.metago.net/astro-file-manager.php. They have a link to a video which frankly doesn't have a lot of useful info (it's basically a feature list) but if you look at the related videos that come up you'll find a few that seem to describe astro usage. As well, on the astro site you'll find links near the bottom of the page for a "Getting Started Guide" as well as a "FAQ" page.

Hope that helped!

Rick
Old 11-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #8
rmorrow

LoL. I just checked the getting started and faq links on the astro site, and they don't seem to actually go anywhere! I did a little digging via google and found the following link into the astro documentation; http://www.metago.net/astro/fm/doc/help_index.php. That should be a little more useful than self-referential links...

Rick

Edit: Okay, I just discovered that the getting started and faq links work from the site main home page (http://www.metago.net), just not from the astro page. Geesh...

Last edited by rmorrow; 11-04-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #9
cypherslock
Groupie

Got it! Thanks man!