Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-03-2019, 04:31 PM   #1
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: Franklin,Orig Droid,Kindle KB-3G,Archos 43,Samsung S3,iPhone5,FireHD8
Galaxy Fold Junior plus a 2nd Try on Senior

Try, try again...
Quote:
Samsung is reportedly building a smaller and cheaper phone with a folding screen

Samsung is working on a folding phone that may cater to buyers who find its Galaxy Fold device too expensive, according to Bloomberg.

The newer model, which Bloomberg said may not launch if the Galaxy Fold fails to sell well, is reportedly cheaper and will have a 6.7-inch display that can fold into a “pocketable square.” The main screen will have dimensions similar to a traditional phone when it’s open, instead of a large rectangle, like the Galaxy Fold, according to the report.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/sams...port-says.html

frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:36 PM   #2
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Too rich for my blood, but I certainly would like to have the kind of money to allow me to buy that as a toy. For now, I'll keep to having both an iPhone and an iPad mini.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2019, 11:16 PM   #3
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

True, a bit pricey but I do like the idea. The phone people keep trying to sell stuff with their phones that aren't all that needed.

I really don't need a newer, better CAMERA phone and my phone SPEED easily keeps up with the people that normally talk to me.

I think that a phone that can fold out to have a bigger screen and still fits in regular pockets is a much better idea than a super CAMERA or super SPEED.

====>>>> SUPER FOLD-ABLE!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2019, 01:29 AM   #4
binaryhermit
Guru
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, Kindle Keyboard with 3g
I'm skeptical for the use case and durability of a foldable phone.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #5
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
I'm skeptical for the use case and durability of a foldable phone.
True there have been problems and unless they are solved, the phone is only a piece of high priced junk that won't last, won't work.
Cost is another factor.
All these are claimed to be solved with a 2nd edition of the Foldable (Senior for 1st) phone and the new Junior sized phone.

REVAMPED GALAXY PHONE.

The Price is further attacked with the new Fold-able (Junior - smaller and cheaper)

As the wise have said, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" so we shall have to see if Samsung has fixed both it's engineering/design and its sales approach.
Advert