Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #181
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
It's not just colour: chiefly also framerate; reflectivity, low lag and decent refresh, colour, and improved power efficiency open or improve the possibility of use-anywhere displays to access information effectively (mobile OS, "desktop [more complete]" OS) anytime. Beyond sequential book reading (for that EPD is already happily fulfilling), the matter here is, for many of us, improving mobility on standard nowadays' "Memex-es" (say, your laptop), which are hardly (most probably not) optimal in visual quality and battery efficiency.

Just pointing it out because just mentioning colour seems to skew the solution a bit. Of course, any subset of the solution/s is then usable.
Thing is, I'm happy with my e-Ink readers. And my tablet is a cheap Fire ($35 on sale) which I hardly use but works when I need it. I've never paid more than $75 for an eReader (and that was my first Nook Simple Touch) so $400 or $500 for a reflective color tablet has no appeal to me. Battery life is good on my eReaders and (as you mention) for "sequential book reading" they work well. And that's what I use them for. I realize everyone has different uses for their devices and that's fine also. I just wonder how many of those who use eBook readers are looking for color screens, even though (as you say) ClearINK provides more than just color screens.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:56 AM   #182
Jose Manuel S
Jose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none

Link to watch with the smartphone or tablet, I've posted with the smartphone.
Jose Manuel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:20 PM   #183
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Wonder who the company is that wants the 8 inch display the first guy mentioned.
MGlitch is online now   Reply With Quote