Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Zoran... pleae look at the end of my post

Quote:
In fact, using nMap across all ports show they are all closed too, so it does not look that there is any way to initiate a transfer to the Kobo from an external device.
I DID a full nMap port scan from Ubunutu to the device. All ports are closed; the various Netbios ports are closed too; just as far as GRC is concerned they are classified as stealthed as opposed to merely closed.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #17
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Also, ALL devices (unless statically configured) obtain their addressing dynamically! They HAVE to also get the gsteway address at the same time, else their entire network view is limited to that of the local network segment.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #18
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Zoran... pleae look at the end of my post
No hard feelings!
Somehow I had an impression it was nmap for win, which is a lot
different. Of course I accept your results!
Since I cannot find more data on the net, aside asking kobo guys,
traffic logger could bring more meat on the subject. Port number
might explain is it samba or what.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #19
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Also, ALL devices (unless statically configured) obtain their addressing dynamically! They HAVE to also get the gsteway address at the same time, else their entire network view is limited to that of the local network segment.
Sorry to answer in parts.
All my wireless devices have static ip addresses. I avoid any kind of
trouble on the local network. I also found having nodes named to
make life easier. No connection to kobo wifi problem, but to depict
my way of thinking.
Best regards.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #20
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
I don't believe the desktop app is involved. Neither is your computer.
Doh, of course you're right. Serves me for answering before having my morning cup.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert