Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
St28
St28 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question Financial Times

every day, I download the FT to Calibre (and then onto my Kindle).

butIonly get the news items - no columnists, comment, analysis or editorial.

Why not?

Anyone know?

Stephen
St28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Ransom
Banned
Ransom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsRansom can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle-3
I imagine that's the way the FT handles things on their end. In other words, that's all they choose to send to your device. You'll probably have to ask them about it.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ As good a guess as any, Random. Assuming the OP is accessing FT for free? If so, then yes, I would assume as well that FT is controlling specifically what goes out in this manner.

FT ain't cheap so it makes sense I would think.

EDIT: I just tried FT and calibre NewsFetch using the free, registered account at FT. All I got were the news articles for US, UK, Asia and Middle East.

Nothing else.

So, OP, I can only assume you are using a free, registered account as well? Check the FT site - paid accounts have different privileges, one of which may be right for what you want.

Last edited by lestatar; 07-05-2011 at 11:01 AM.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote