Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
porfirio
porfirio began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Wi-Fi (PRS-T1RC)
Financial Times: Full Edition

Happy new year everyone.

First, I swear, I searched the forum (& the internet in general). That said, I have a subscription to the Financial Times (I'm in the U.S.). I put my password in Calibre but I don't get the full edition. Is this a recipe issue or is it just not possible to get the full edition?

I have come across the question posted on line but w/out any responses. The answer's probably really simple. Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.
porfirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You'd have to ask the recipe author. His email address should be in the recipe, near the top.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
satisficer
satisficer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by porfirio View Post
<snip>
I have a subscription to the Financial Times (I'm in the U.S.). I put my password in Calibre but I don't get the full edition. Is this a recipe issue or is it just not possible to get the full edition?
It's worked great for me for several months. I did modify recipe slightly to get US edition, but I do receive everything in print. What exactly are you missing?
satisficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
porfirio
porfirio began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Wi-Fi (PRS-T1RC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by satisficer View Post
It's worked great for me for several months. I did modify recipe slightly to get US edition, but I do receive everything in print. What exactly are you missing?
Thank you for your reply, & sorry for my delayed response (traveling).

I'm get "UK", "US", & "Asia" sections. In those sections, I only received a handful of articles. Again, I have full website access to the FTs & so I have a password. Prior to downloading w/out a password, I would get one to two articles. At any rate, I certainly don't get anywhere near everything in print.

I have not altered the recipe from the Calibre program (wouldn't even know where to start). Do you have a different recipe?

Kovidgoyal, thanks for your reply. I'll check it when I get home.
porfirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
satisficer
satisficer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by porfirio View Post
I'm get "UK", "US", & "Asia" sections. In those sections, I only received a handful of articles. Again, I have full website access to the FTs & so I have a password. Prior to downloading w/out a password, I would get one to two articles. At any rate, I certainly don't get anywhere near everything in print.
Make sure you're using "Financial Times - UK printed edition" built-in recipe.

Quote:
I have not altered the recipe from the Calibre program (wouldn't even know where to start). Do you have a different recipe?
I use the built-in "Financial Times - UK printed edition" built-in recipe but saved it and tweaked it as below. I use it on a headless server so I enter username and password on command-line (script). I'll highlight the only changes I've made. Using the built-in recipe should work, since my changes are simply cosmetic (US edition to avoid UK local news.) I hope this helps, but let us know if you track down some weird issue.

--- SNIP ---

Code:
class FinancialTimes(BasicNewsRecipe):
    title                 = 'Financial Times - US printed edition'
    __author__            = 'Darko Miletic'
    description           = "The Financial Times (FT) is one of the world's leading business news and information organizations, recognized internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy."
    publisher             = 'The Financial Times Ltd.'
    category              = 'Newspaper'
    oldest_article        = 2
    language              = 'en_US'
    max_articles_per_feed = 250
    no_stylesheets        = True
    use_embedded_content  = False
    needs_subscription    = True
    encoding              = 'utf8'
    publication_type      = 'newspaper'
    articles_are_obfuscated = True
    temp_files              = []
    masthead_url          = 'http://im.media.ft.com/m/img/masthead_main.jpg'
    LOGIN                 = 'https://registration.ft.com/registration/barrier/login'
    LOGIN2                = 'http://media.ft.com/h/subs3.html'
    INDEX                 = 'http://www.ft.com/us-edition'
    PREFIX                = 'http://www.ft.com'

conversion_options = {
                          'comment'          : description
                        , 'tags'             : category
                        , 'publisher'        : publisher
                        , 'language'         : language
                        , 'linearize_tables' : True
                        }
--- SNIP ---
satisficer is offline   Reply With Quote