Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-03-2020, 12:41 AM   #76
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Smallish unintended effect: I wanted to have an action set a bool column to undefined. I couldn't.

Code:
calibre, version 5.6.0
ERROR: Undefined value: Predefined options chosen without specifying a value
Search and replace worked, but it felt kind of like using a sledgehammer to put up a thumbtack.

Perhaps could be also added a fourth option in Single Field Edit: "Clear current value"?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-03-2020 at 12:45 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:43 AM   #77
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
A pleasure to hear that, you are always welcome.

Open with action would not work with non-ascii paths, this together with my reluctance to test every change on both calibre 4 and 5 lead to it being released under calibre 5 only.

I will try to code in way that keeps it compatible with python2 whenever possible.
I understand it, but it's not something that applies to me as I don't use Open with And, let's say, I strongly hate whoever designed python changes from 2 to 3, and forgot (or ignored) compatibility.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 12-03-2020 at 04:20 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2020, 05:21 PM   #78
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
version 0.3.0

Version 0.2.0
  • Update: re-write add actions as a table dialog.
  • Update: re-write config dialog table.

Version 0.2.1
  • Update: make columns movable.
  • Update: save and restore columns state.

Version 0.3.0
  • Update: Add option to clear value in the single field edit.
  • Fix: Allow the user to choose undefined predefined values for bool, enumeration and rating field types.
  • Fix: Multiple other fixes to the single field edit.
  • Fix: When copying a chain in the customize dialog, ensure the name is unique
capink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 06:25 AM   #79
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I understand it, but it's not something that applies to me as I don't use Open with And, let's say, I strongly hate whoever designed python changes from 2 to 3, and forgot (or ignored) compatibility.
I can incorporate the changes you made to make it work better with calibre 4 if that makes it easier for you. But you still have to change the minor version in the plugin each time you download a new version.
Old 12-04-2020, 02:29 PM   #80
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
I can incorporate the changes you made to make it work better with calibre 4 if that makes it easier for you. But you still have to change the minor version in the plugin each time you download a new version.
My only change has been to downgrade the minimum version I've found a problem in the last release with a specific sentence, which generates "syntax error" in the load of the plugin, but I've commented it and it's working without problem. The sentence in gui/delegates is:

Code:
#        button.clicked.connect(lambda *args, ix=index: self.clicked.emit(ix))
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2020, 02:54 PM   #81
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
My only change has been to downgrade the minimum version I've found a problem in the last release with a specific sentence, which generates "syntax error" in the load of the plugin, but I've commented it and it's working without problem. The sentence in gui/delegates is:

Code:
#        button.clicked.connect(lambda *args, ix=index: self.clicked.emit(ix))
Oddly enough that class was only used in a transitional iteration of the plugin and is not used anymore. I forgot to delete it before releasing the zip file. I deleted it now so it should not be a problem in the future.
Old 12-06-2020, 03:54 PM   #82
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Thanks

Hello capink
I would like to thank you, because thanks to your code I was able to create my plugin Mass Search/Replace .
It is only designed for Search and Replace operations (and therefore much less complex than yours), but I hope it does it well.

Thank you again, you cleared the way by extracting the Search/Replace module, and without you it wouldn't exist.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:13 PM   #83
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post
Hello capink
I would like to thank you, because thanks to your code I was able to create my plugin Mass Search/Replace .
It is only designed for Search and Replace operations (and therefore much less complex than yours), but I hope it does it well.

Thank you again, you cleared the way by extracting the Search/Replace module, and without you it wouldn't exist.
Glad it helped you. Mine too was based on work of others, mainly the work of the plugin wizard AKA kiwidude.
Old 12-07-2020, 01:29 PM   #84
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Small exchange of good process:
I discover a bug in the test result field of "Search and Replace" module.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=335440

Moreover in your code there is a #FIXME: THE PROBLEM IS HERE, but I think it was rather the opposite: s_r_do_regexp() has the expected behavior, is the test result field in s_r_paint_results() which is not valid.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:44 PM   #85
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post
Small exchange of good process:
I discover a bug in the test result field of "Search and Replace" module.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=335440

Moreover in your code there is a #FIXME: THE PROBLEM IS HERE, but I think it was rather the opposite: s_r_do_regexp() has the expected behavior, is the test result field in s_r_paint_results() which is not valid.
Thanks for the fix. Will incorporate into my code.

The "#FIXME: THE PROBLEM IS HERE" was in reference to what I thought was a bug, but turned out to be difference in behavior between python2 and python3. I have removed that comment in the latest version.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:03 AM   #86
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
I use the Job Spy tool: Import CSV File to Update Metadata, with several csv files.
Once the corresponding Calibre Action has been created, is there a possibility to tell it which file to open?
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:30 AM   #87
capink
Wizard

I just installed the JS plugin and unfortunately the answer is no as this is part of the workflow of the plugin. But I am curious as to why you want to bypass this, as it will still pop up a dialog afterwards, so it will always be an interactive step.

I maintain the Import List plugin that has similar functionality, I will look if there is something that can done there (through custom actions), but I am not so sure. The problem is that matching the books is always an interactive step even if we pre-define the csv file. The advantage in the import list is that it allows for predefined settings, but you will still have to deal with the plugin wizard after the settings are applied
Old 12-12-2020, 02:27 PM   #88
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I'm assuming that jbacelar always uses the same fileset.

EDIT: Unless I'm misunderstanding.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-12-2020 at 09:18 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 02:14 AM   #89
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I'm assuming that jbacelar always uses the same fileset.
So is.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 12:29 PM   #90
capink
Wizard

Running an pre-configured import csv action is something I might use myself, so I will be looking at it as soon as I have the time to do so (maybe next weekend).

If done, it will use the Import List plugin since that is what I use and its the code-base I am familiar with.