Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #1
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Book List metadata

Hi.

I couldn't find anything about this.

Is it possible to add a different author column than the one standard from Calibre?

And maybe change the order of the information such as title before author?

Thanks
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 03:09 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Hi.

I couldn't find anything about this.

Is it possible to add a different author column than the one standard from Calibre?

And maybe change the order of the information such as title before author?

Thanks
You can add custom columns for other authors. They are "Comma separated text, like tags, shown in the tags browser". Be sure to check the "contains names" check box so that the authors are separated by ampersands, not commas.

As for the order: if you are talking about book details then tap the three dots and choose "Choose items to display" (the first menu line). You can choose what you see and the order of items there.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #3
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

It's not book details, but the lists of books on the tablet.

And I already have an alternate custom column for authors.

I can't figure out if I can change those two informations that are standard anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-07-23-21-10-30.png
Views:	152
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	150430  
Old 07-23-2016, 03:19 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
It's not book details, but the lists of books on the tablet.

And I already have an alternate custom column for authors.

I can't figure out if I can change those two informations that are standard anywhere.
You cannot remove the standard author information from the book list, but you can add custom column author information. See Settings / Customize the book list / Extra information in the book list.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #5
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Ok.

Is it possible to change the order?

Title
Author

instead?
Advert
Old 07-23-2016, 03:23 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

The order is chosen by the sort. If the list is sorted by author then author is first. If it is sorted by anything else then title is first.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:25 PM   #7
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thanks.