Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 04:05 AM   #1021
senno
senno began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I already updated the Kobo to the latest firmware without any results. Everything stays the same...
And again the Kobo desktop setup won't work because if I log in with my Kobo Account the setup refreshes without doing anything and ask me again to log in...

Don't you think that a new SD card including an image file would start all over again?
Old 01-19-2021, 04:50 AM   #1022
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by senno View Post
I already updated the Kobo to the latest firmware without any results. Everything stays the same...
And again the Kobo desktop setup won't work because if I log in with my Kobo Account the setup refreshes without doing anything and ask me again to log in...

Don't you think that a new SD card including an image file would start all over again?
This partly sounds like something is blocking access to the Kobo site for the device. When connecting, it tries to access a URL on the Kobo site. If that fails, then it doesn't drops the WiFi connection. There is a way in recent firmware to turn that off. Reimaging isn't going to fix that.

With the rest, it could be a failing card and changes aren't being updated properly. But, I'm not sure why that would prevent the WiFi from working. Unless it was that the configuration couldn't be saved. If this is the case, then a new card and the image would help. I have sent a PM with the link.
Advert
Old 01-19-2021, 05:10 AM   #1023
senno
senno began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This partly sounds like something is blocking access to the Kobo site for the device. When connecting, it tries to access a URL on the Kobo site. If that fails, then it doesn't drops the WiFi connection. There is a way in recent firmware to turn that off. Reimaging isn't going to fix that.

With the rest, it could be a failing card and changes aren't being updated properly. But, I'm not sure why that would prevent the WiFi from working. Unless it was that the configuration couldn't be saved. If this is the case, then a new card and the image would help. I have sent a PM with the link.
Okay, I'm going to image a new SD card and let you know the results! Thank you very much for now! :-)

Shall I image the SD card and put it right in the device or should I also upgrade the firmware when the image is on the SD card before insert it in the Reader?
Old 01-19-2021, 05:16 AM   #1024
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senno View Post
Okay, I'm going to image a new SD card and let you know the results! Thank you very much for now! :-)

Shall I image the SD card and put it right in the device or should I also upgrade the firmware when the image is on the SD card before insert it in the Reader?
I would write the image to the card and put it in the device and make sure it boots.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:35 PM   #1025
Meubeu
Meubeu began at the beginning.

Hello, I thought my Kobo Glo HD was bricked beyond repair but I found a few tutorials ...

If someone could send me a link of a working image, I don't have high hopes but it's worth a try

Thank you !
Advert
Old 01-20-2021, 06:54 PM   #1026
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:32 AM   #1027
Meubeu
Meubeu began at the beginning.

Unfortunately it didn't fix my issue, but thanks a lot, it was worth trying
Old 01-28-2021, 11:12 AM   #1028
enuff
enuff began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.

You need to write the image to the card. That replaces everything on the card. There are instructions in Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
I did exactly as described in the guide, but my Kobo Glo HD still wouldn't start. I tried with 2 different SD cards. What am I missing?
The reader definitely works because I borrowed a SD card from another working reader and mine works perfectly with it.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:50 AM   #1029
enuff

Nevermind, I tried for 3rd time, but on another computer and it worked.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:52 AM   #1030
enuff

Could somebody send me and image for Kobo Aura H2O please. Thanks
Old 01-28-2021, 07:16 PM   #1031
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enuff View Post
Nevermind, I tried for 3rd time, but on another computer and it worked.
Good to hear it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enuff View Post
Could somebody send me and image for Kobo Aura H2O please. Thanks
Another broken device? PM sent.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:18 AM   #1032
smallproblems
smallproblems began at the beginning.

Device: Glo HD
I require a Glo HD image please.
Old 02-02-2021, 04:02 AM   #1033
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:42 AM   #1034
thatotherguy
thatotherguy began at the beginning.

I'd like the Kobo Glow HD android image too, if possible.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2021, 10:02 AM   #1035
GrandMaesterJ
GrandMaesterJ began at the beginning.

Hi there! I also desire to possess this Kobo Glo HD SD image you carry. Thank you for your service!
Closed Thread