Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 02:05 AM   #1006
bb27k
bb27k began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Hello, thanks for your fast answer.
I've bought an Aura 2 on ebay, i hope the Sd card is present.
People don't know its mandatory for the kobo to work?
Old 12-30-2020, 03:43 AM   #1007
ebbtidal
ebbtidal began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
afraid I need an sd image (bricked Glo HD)

This must be very tedious for davidfor . . . but if you have a few seconds, can you help me find a working image?
Advert
Old 12-30-2020, 05:02 AM   #1008
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@ebbtidal: PM sent.
Old 12-30-2020, 05:04 AM   #1009
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb27k View Post
Hello, thanks for your fast answer.
I've bought an Aura 2 on ebay, i hope the Sd card is present.
People don't know its mandatory for the kobo to work?
They would if they tried to start the device after removing it. If the person is selling a Kobo device without an SD card in it, and is claiming it is working, then they are lying and you should be able to return it.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:40 AM   #1010
device92
device92 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO HD
KOBO GLO HD

David potresti inviarmi il link del file immagine per il kobo glo hd (SD 4gb)?
Grazie
Advert
Old 12-31-2020, 08:43 AM   #1011
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:46 AM   #1012
locusto03
locusto03 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Any chance I can get an SD image for the Kobo Glo HD? My card seems to be corrupted. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-07-2021, 01:17 AM   #1013
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:08 AM   #1014
bluesteely
bluesteely began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi, my Kobo GLO N613 has been frozen for a while and I am looking for the SD image. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-07-2021, 05:42 AM   #1015
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:31 AM   #1016
rorocorti
rorocorti began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO HD
Hi,

My KOBO GLO HD 4go is bricked,

Can anyone send the image file of the firmware?

Thanks in advance,

Romain
Old 01-12-2021, 07:43 AM   #1017
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:19 PM   #1018
aaton
aaton began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello. I'm looking for an image for my Kobo Glo HD which is stuck on a white screen with black flashes when I reset it. Would it be possible to have the image of the firmware sent? Thanks a lot.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:58 PM   #1019
senno
senno began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
@davidfor you really tun this thread. And I‘m just one of those peoples who would like to get the image file because my Kobo Glo won’t work anymore right now. I get to the setup screen but it doesn’t find any WiFi and a manual setup won’t work too. I tried already a hard reset - doesn’t work. So now I’d like to set a new SD card and get the Glo HD back to work. I’d really appreciate if you could help me out!
Old 01-18-2021, 08:56 PM   #1020
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by senno View Post
@davidfor you really tun this thread. And I‘m just one of those peoples who would like to get the image file because my Kobo Glo won’t work anymore right now. I get to the setup screen but it doesn’t find any WiFi and a manual setup won’t work too. I tried already a hard reset - doesn’t work. So now I’d like to set a new SD card and get the Glo HD back to work. I’d really appreciate if you could help me out!
If the device is booting far enough to not find WiFi, then the image won't help. You actually have a working device. The problem is that at the beginning of 2018, Kobo had to remove support on the servers for older protocols that are no longer considered to be secure. The factory firmware is to old and does not support the current protocols. You can use the Kobo desktop application to do the setup. That will install the latest available firmware. Or, you can manually install the firmware before doing the setup. The minimum firmware you need is 3.19.5761.
Closed Thread