Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 09:15 AM   #901
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:12 PM   #902
skr
skr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
my Kobo GLO HD is not recognized anymore, please send me the link for the sd card image

many thanks in advance
Advert
Old 07-22-2020, 08:23 PM   #903
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent. But...

What does "not recognized anymore" mean? The only thing I can think that this means is that the PC no longer sees it. If so, does it work otherwise? If so, it is unlikely that the image will help. It is more likely to be a hardware problem, or issue with the USB ports or cables being use. Trying a factory reset is a good idea in this situation. But, unless the device isn't booting, or there are failures indicative of a failing SD card, the image is unlikely to help.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:24 AM   #904
skr

thanks for the image davidfor

my glo is only recognized by my pc as an unknown usb device, i have already tried several cables and other pc's

tried the image with a new SD card, unfortunately no improvement

I have also tried a factory reset
Old 07-24-2020, 04:50 AM   #905
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skr View Post
thanks for the image davidfor

my glo is only recognized by my pc as an unknown usb device, i have already tried several cables and other pc's

tried the image with a new SD card, unfortunately no improvement

I have also tried a factory reset
Is the device working at all? The PC will only recognise the device if it is running and has been put into the connect to device mode (plugged in and prompted you to connect). If this is happening, and multiple PC/cable/port combinations do not recognize the device, it suggests there is a problem with the port on the device.

You could enable developers mode, turn on some logging and use telnet to connect to the device and look at the logs. That might tell you what is going wrong.
Advert
Old 07-24-2020, 05:36 AM   #906
skr

i have set up the glo via wifi, when i plug the usb cable into the glo, the question comes up on the glo: establish connection to the pc? after the connection, the message unknown usb device appears on the pc
Old 07-24-2020, 10:07 PM   #907
Calne
Calne began at the beginning.

Hello I am in need of a kobo glo HD image

thank you
Old 07-24-2020, 10:14 PM   #908
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:14 PM   #909
StaM1na
StaM1na began at the beginning.

Hello,
I have the same problem : my PC see my Kobo Glo HD as unknown usb device.
Could you please send me the link for the sd card image. Thank you very much
Old 07-25-2020, 10:36 PM   #910
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:50 AM   #911
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skr View Post
i have set up the glo via wifi, when i plug the usb cable into the glo, the question comes up on the glo: establish connection to the pc? after the connection, the message unknown usb device appears on the pc
As well as the suggestions above, have you rebooted the PC recently? I can sometime get the USB port into a state where it won't connect properly. Rebooting my laptop is the only fix that I have found.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:34 AM   #912
rblglohdhelp
rblglohdhelp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD N437
So I got a broken Kobo Glo HD from a family member it's been laying around for a while. I'm not sure how it broke (didn't fall or anything) but the screen doesn't display anything, The red light at the top is just solid red unless I turn it off by holding the button for a couple of seconds.
It responds to pushing the pinhole reboot button, because I hear the connect/disconnect sounds in windows. (although it doesn't recognise it as a device)
It looks as good as new from the in- and outside that's why I thought it was weird it didn't work.
In my stupidity trying to figure it out I formatted the internal SD-Card in windows thinking it would solve the problem.

So my question is: Would burning the SD-Card with an original image possibly make the Glo HD function again?
And apparently you need to ask
for a image link here?
Old 08-02-2020, 09:15 PM   #913
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The image might help. So, I have sent you a PM with the link.

But, the first thing to try is a factory reset using the last set of instructions on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Glo_HD.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:52 PM   #914
NathKrish
NathKrish began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo HD
After a failed update, my Kobo Glo HD doesn't work anymore. The battery is fully charged. I've tried to do a soft reset, a factory reset with the pinhole and a factory reset by tapping the bottom of screen repeatedly. Nothing worked.

Could you please send me a link for a functional sd image file.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:35 PM   #915
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

And for the record, the pinhole does not do a factory reset. It just restarts the device.
Closed Thread