Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-16-2021, 01:21 PM   #16
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallOfCth'reader View Post
No, the letter from the debt management company said that communication should go through them, so I gave them a call. I explained the situation, and the guy on the phone said that they'd had a few other calls with the same problem. So they are referring it back to FedEx with the details, and said if I don't hear anything else it's been cancelled by FedEx. So, fingers crossed
Get the Debt Management Company to confirm it in writing. Also to confirm that they will not take any action that could affect your credit rating.

Have you done any checks to see that the "Debt Management Company" is legitimate and has a good reputation.

Getting the after-effects of a CCJ undone can be tedious.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:36 PM   #17
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Follow-up to my previous post - have a look at https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...y-fedex-fee/p2

Is this the same Debt Collection Company - I'm a little suspicious that they say you shouldn't contact Fedex.

Also have a look at https://ask.fedex.com/help/en-gb/acc...ontrol-account.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2021, 01:52 PM   #18
CallOfCth'reader
Cultist
CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Follow-up to my previous post - have a look at https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...y-fedex-fee/p2

Is this the same Debt Collection Company - I'm a little suspicious that they say you shouldn't contact Fedex.

Also have a look at https://ask.fedex.com/help/en-gb/acc...ontrol-account.

BobC
Yes, ControlAccount is the company.

Kobo sent me a follow up email that said not to talk to the debt management company (which is fine for them to say), but that if I wanted to I could pay FedEx and then send Kobo the receipt for a refund of the money.

At the moment I'm just waiting to see if I hear anything else. If I do, I'll pay the bill and then claim it back from Kobo.
CallOfCth'reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 10:37 AM   #19
Dlae
Dlae began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Followup on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallOfCth'reader View Post
Yes, ControlAccount is the company.

Kobo sent me a follow up email that said not to talk to the debt management company (which is fine for them to say), but that if I wanted to I could pay FedEx and then send Kobo the receipt for a refund of the money.

At the moment I'm just waiting to see if I hear anything else. If I do, I'll pay the bill and then claim it back from Kobo.
Hi there
I have just had the same thing happen to me, except that I never received any TNT/Fedex invoice - I just got a debt-collection letter. I just wanted to now what you ended up having to do to get this sorted out.
Did you end up paying and claiming back from Kobo or did Kobo and TNT/Fedex/Debt-collectors sort it out amoungst themselves?
Dlae is offline   Reply With Quote