Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
gjjh25
gjjh25 began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story
conversion to one folderI

love this app, but can someone please tell me if it is possible when converting the files to get the outputs all to one folder?

eg at the moment each book converted is put in its own folder with the original file.

Is it possible for the converted files to all go in he same folder?
gjjh25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Not if you use the GUI.

However it is easy enough after doing all the conversions to highlight the books concerned and then use the "Save To Disk" facility to save the converted books to a known location outside calibre.
itimpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Why does it matter? Ignore the fact that Calibre uses files. It's ultimately a database. Where or how it stores its data is unimportant.

If you need access to the files, it's better to use the "Save to Disk" functionality or "Connect to Folder" (under the connect/share toolbar item) and publish to the connected folder.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
gjjh25

Thanks for the replies.

I want to be able to do this so i can copy them easier to my phone rather than haveing to go in and out of folders.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjjh25 View Post
I want to be able to do this so i can copy them easier to my phone rather than haveing to go in and out of folders.
Going in and out of folders is what you will have to do if you access the library directly. You're better off checking to see if your phone is supported by Calibre as an ereader. If it isn't, you're better off using Connect to Folder to send to your phone, with your phone or SD card attached as a drive. If none of the above works, you're still better off using Save to Disk and copying that folder to your phone. That method lets you control the folder names and filenames of your books.

You may also want to investigate the Content Server. I use it to put books on my phone from anywhere in the world.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
gjjh25

thank you for the help