Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 07:07 AM   #1
Samel25
Samel25 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
an error occurred while downloading the software

Hey guys,

Each time I attempt to install the software it gives me the error message 'An error occurred while downloading the software'. 'Please check internet connection and try again.'

The only problem is that there is nothing wrong with my connection.

Any one know how to resolve the problem?
Samel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:33 AM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
My guess is the Sony servers were busy, or having problems. If you internet connection is good, and you are following the directions I wager it will work soon....

I did not install, and do not use the Sony software, I know from my electronic music hobby that Sony makes very buggy software....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Have you tried saving the install file to your computer first? Then you can get off the internet and try to install it. Either the site is still really busy or something could be blocking the installation. But I just downloaded both versions (saving not installing) and not had any problems. The Sony site did take a few minutes to load.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
The were having overload problems yesterday as was B&N.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can download the software directly from the Sony site here:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
jack kirkland
jack kirkland began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
I finally got mine downloaded after 12 hours of trying now i cannot register an account because entering correctly my postal code in Canada,the Sony site says I am not in Canada and cannot register from overseas( I am in canada). An hour on chat help and now an hour on hold for help on the phone.Not impressed.if it wasn't an xmas present I would already be on my way to take this junk back.
jack kirkland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
The software is junk
not the reader
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzeltjes View Post
The software is junk

Interesting that the majority of people don't have any issues with it.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote