Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #106
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi friends !

I use firwmare 2.5.2, night mode 5 and the last version of tweaks on my kobo glo but I can't see chapters progress directly in the footer of the book that I'm reading (that happens with all my epub).
I'd like to see for example "page 5 of 30" (that means that this chapter has got 30 pages and I'm on the 5th). I don't want to know how many pages or chapters exist in the book.

Have you got this problem with yours?

Last edited by akorx; 06-05-2013 at 03:19 PM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #107
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Chapter progress ONLY appears if you are using Kobo ePubs; either books purchased from Kobo and downloaded via WiFi or Kobo Desktop, OR, using calibre and the Kobo Extended Driver.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #108
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Hi everyone, I just updated to 2.6.1 my Glo, reinstalled night mode but it doesn't work anymore, I read in other forums that I'm not the only one, I think we need a rev6 of this great great hack.
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #109
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
Hi everyone, I just updated to 2.6.1 my Glo, reinstalled night mode but it doesn't work anymore, I read in other forums that I'm not the only one, I think we need a rev6 of this great great hack.
o no, 2.6.1 is breaking all the hacks!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #110
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
You could try replacing
Code:
OLD_START="/usr/local/Kobo/nickel -qws \&"
NEW_START="LD_PRELOAD=/root/screenInv.so /usr/local/Kobo/nickel -qws \&"
by
Code:
OLD_START="/usr/local/Kobo/nickel -qws -skipFontLoad \&"
NEW_START="LD_PRELOAD=/root/screenInv.so /usr/local/Kobo/nickel -qws -skipFontLoad \&"
in "root/autorun.sh" in KoboRoot.tar of screenInv installer. Do the respective change also in the uninstaller.
I did not try it myself, since I am still on FW 2.4.0.

Those with Glo and Aura can try callingl "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/nightmode.sh\" via the KoboLauncher instead of the KoboTweaks.

Last edited by tshering; 06-08-2013 at 05:33 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #111
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Have you tried to use the tshering's solution (edit the 2 lines in "root/autorun.sh" in KoboRoot.tar of screenInv installer) ? is it better? I'm waitting for your reply before to install 2.6.1 FW...

Last edited by akorx; 06-09-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:56 AM   #112
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
No way...

I tried to make the changes suggested by tshering and reinstalled, but doesn't seems to work anyway.

Since build5 the screeninv don't need Kobo Tweak or Launcher anymore, because can be turned on/off by a long press of the light button. And this metod works also on Aura with FW 2.5.x.
Since Tweak menu is not working on 2.6.1 and I don't like Kobo Launcher, I'm trying the night mode by long pressing the light button.
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #113
akorx
Addict

Quote:
No way...

I tried to make the changes suggested by tshering and reinstalled, but doesn't seems to work anyway.

Since build5 the screeninv don't need Kobo Tweak or Launcher anymore, because can be turned on/off by a long press of the light button. And this metod works also on Aura with FW 2.5.x.
Since Tweak menu is not working on 2.6.1 and I don't like Kobo Launcher, I'm trying the night mode by long pressing the light button.
Ok... so we have to wait the help of Yoq and Kevinshort. They often come here and I've no doubt about the fact that they will find a solution !

NB : the best solution should be to integrate the function directly in the firmware's package. Can you try to explain it here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185660 (i'm french and it's not esay to explain with my english level !).

Last edited by akorx; 06-10-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #114
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I can confirm that the way I proposed does not work on KT. The problem (or part of the problem) is that the Kobo Launcher seems also not to work under FW 2.6.1.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #115
akorx
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I can confirm that the way I proposed does not work on KT. The problem (or part of the problem) is that the Kobo Launcher seems also not to work under FW 2.6.1.
Thx : this is a good indication for Yoq and Kevin.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #116
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
It looks like they broke both the installer and LD_PRELOAD, it could take some time to fix this as I'm rather busy this week.
yoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #117
akorx
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoq View Post
It looks like they broke both the installer and LD_PRELOAD, it could take some time to fix this as I'm rather busy this week.
No problem Yoq, take your time !

I think the best way to avoid this kind of mishap is that you should propose your tweak to developers of firmwares.

Indeed they could TEST and INTEGRATE it systematically in their futur versions... I don't see why they wouldn't integrate it because it's one of the best we have seen, and this function is expected by a lot of people (night mode exists on all the other ebook readers and it's a big, yes a really big oversight of the official developers).

Don't forget that it's the ONLY program for kobo that can be loaded without use "kobo tweaks" because we can activate it by pressing the light button during 2 sec !!!

I let you explain to developpers all those reasons in a better english that mine !

The others guys : help me convince Yoq to publish his solution !!!!!!! and don't forget Kevinshort that is the first man that has found an idea for night mode !

Last edited by akorx; 06-10-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #118
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
He can try, but let me be a little pessimistic:
  1. developers of closed source software usually does not accept third party contributions
  2. software developers usually does not accept new features because they means more work to implement them and to maintain them
  3. software developers does not add functions that are useful only for a restricted number of people
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #119
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Software developers don't have free reign to add in features; they are driven by Product Management and Marketing.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #120
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
And they are usually as baffled as us about why a new feature was chosen.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch