Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #91
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Yes, akorx is right. Kevin's first proof-of-concept did about 10 refreshes each second. But the current versions intercept the update-request and change it before it is drawn on the screen, so it shoudn't affect your battery life.
yoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #92
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Just a question : have you got the chapter progress in reading footer with the 2.5.2 ?
You'd have to ask ah- to be certain (though he hasn't been active for a while), but I think that the chapter progress was removed by Kobo from the recent firmware versions. Until recently, the chapter progress bar was always there, it was just hidden, so all the plugin had to do was un-hide it. I took a look myself, and I couldn't find the progress bar anywhere in the latest firmware, so I think Kobo removed it completely.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #93
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalinor View Post
Nice, thank you for the information!

BTW, your English is probably better than most native English speakers, at least those here in the states.

...it's also a hell of a lot better then my French, which is (unfortunately) deplorable at best. It's on my to-do list though; along with Russian. : )

Again, thanks for the info.
Thx for this compliment Thalinor ! now if you want to try to speak french, you can, I will correct ! I thx it's very hard for english people to speack french because french is hard...
Just a exemple you say "I go / you go / he goes / we go / you go / they go", in french we say "je vais / tu vas / il va / nous allons / vous allez / ils vont"... it's never the same word !!
And we have got a lot of times (several pasts, several futurs, times for things that are conditional, etc) !
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #94
Thalinor
@Modders/Devs - Thank You
Thalinor is on a distinguished road

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro / Kobo Glo
Quote:
Thx for this compliment Thalinor ! now if you want to try to speak french, you can, I will correct ! I thx it's very hard for english people to speack french because french is hard...
Just a exemple you say "I go / you go / he goes / we go / you go / they go", in french we say "je vais / tu vas / il va / nous allons / vous allez / ils vont"... it's never the same word !!
And we have got a lot of times (several pasts, several futurs, times for things that are conditional, etc) !
Oh I know, I do speak a little French, its probably at a 4 yr olds comprehension, which is better then my Russian which is about a 2 year olds!

RE: Chapter Progress ("Reading Stats") / Book Covers

Anyway, I just wanted to report that with the latest version of Calibre and KoboExtended plugin installed/configured, a Glo with Firmware 2.5.2, KoboTweaks, KOreader, and Night Mode (Mod) installed, my sideloaded ePubs do have chapter progress ("Reading Stats") and book covers that show up correctly on the homepage.

I am about to reload my reading collection back onto the Glo and will check a few different ePubs, but as an ADDED BONUS [at least on the one book I tried] it seems like sideloaded ePubs are also now correctly bookmarking when going back to the home screen or turning off the reader; I am not getting reset to the start of the chapter when reopening a book in progress!

Nice!
Thalinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #95
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Ehi, this is a bunch of fixed bugs... are you sure they are not fixed by the use of Calibre? Have you changed the book cover, converted them to kepub, or something else?
If not, I think I can mark them as solved if someone else can confirm me that.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2013, 03:11 AM   #96
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalinor View Post
RE: Chapter Progress ("Reading Stats") / Book Covers

Anyway, I just wanted to report that with the latest version of Calibre and KoboExtended plugin installed/configured, a Glo with Firmware 2.5.2, KoboTweaks, KOreader, and Night Mode (Mod) installed, my sideloaded ePubs do have chapter progress ("Reading Stats") and book covers that show up correctly on the homepage.

I am about to reload my reading collection back onto the Glo and will check a few different ePubs, but as an ADDED BONUS [at least on the one book I tried] it seems like sideloaded ePubs are also now correctly bookmarking when going back to the home screen or turning off the reader; I am not getting reset to the start of the chapter when reopening a book in progress!
This is me being picky.

If you are sending epubs the device using the extended driver, they are no longer epubs. They are changed to be kepubs by the driver and will work as such on the device. Hence you get the reading stats instead of just the percent read. All the problems you mentioned are related to the use of the extended driver. Some where bugs, some were the developer finding new things in different epubs that didn't convert well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:21 AM   #97
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Thalinor,

When I was talking about progress bar for chapters I thought that we can see it directly in the bottom of the page that we are reading (instead or near the total number of page book)... I have never seen it on photo or on my glo, so it's possible that I've misunderstood or dreamt !

Last edited by akorx; 05-20-2013 at 04:32 AM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #98
Thalinor
@Modders/Devs - Thank You
Thalinor is on a distinguished road

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro / Kobo Glo
Quote:
Thalinor,

When I was talking about progress bar for chapters I thought that we can see it directly in the bottom of the page that we are reading (instead or near the total number of page book)... I have never seen it on photo or on my glo, so it's possible that I've misunderstood or dreamt !
Yes, as Davidfor pointed out I was talking about tricking the glo into thinking epubs were kepubs and the reading stats that are on the bottom; my bad.

I am aware they are part of the extended plugin, and that any issues with that are related to that mod and not this mod, and in theory this mod should have nothing to do with that one, but for some reason everything now works perfectly with 99% of the epubs I use as kepubs. I had the latest update of the extended driver and Calibre installed before and still had issues. I have no idea why, and it should not have made a difference, but after this night mode and tweaks mod were installed and I reloaded my library, everything started to work well with epubs.

Maybe it was the latest update to the extended driver a few days ago combined with a factory reset and several reboots. I had reloaded my library after the last driver update but not factory reset.

Sorry for the confusion. I thought you were talking about reading stats from kepubs being missing and that would have been an issue, at least for me. Reading that other post, I took it as it would break chapter progress from kepubs so I was a little gunshy. I didn't want anyone else thinking they were totally broken with this mod, hence the point of the post. My bad! I will go back to the corner now and keep quiet. : )

Last edited by Thalinor; 05-20-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Thalinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #99
flips01
Connoisseur
flips01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by feenix1363 View Post
(...)
Check that KoboTweaks is working by going to the home page, select Libary/books/homepage and you should have a new submenu appear 'Tools'
(...)
Check that KoboTweaks is working by going to the home page, select Libary/books/homepage and you should have a new submenu appear 'Tools'

Select 'Tools' and invert screen selection, or hold light button for two seconds to invert screen.
Thanks for a nice compilation. The NightMode works on my Aura by pressing and holding the light button. I haven't found the Tools menu, though.
maybe my .ini file lacks something (I'll have to check, had it setup before your post). Or maybe that will only show on the Glo?
flips01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #100
muness
muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Aura HD, Story HD, Sony PRS-350 (previous: Kindle Keyboard, PRS-505)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flips01 View Post
Thanks for a nice compilation. The NightMode works on my Aura by pressing and holding the light button. I haven't found the Tools menu, though.
maybe my .ini file lacks something (I'll have to check, had it setup before your post). Or maybe that will only show on the Glo?
OT: flips01, did you do anything special to install the tweaks on your Aura? I'd like to give them a try, but not sure where to start.

nvm: I realized that I could get to the same place by running through the instructions provided by feenix1363 in #85.

Last edited by muness; 05-21-2013 at 01:14 AM.
muness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #101
flips01
Connoisseur
flips01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by muness View Post
OT: flips01, did you do anything special to install the tweaks on your Aura? I'd like to give them a try, but not sure where to start.
No, I fetched the files and copied KoboRoot.tgz to the .kobo dir and ejected/rebooted in the mentioned order ...
flips01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #102
muness
muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Aura HD, Story HD, Sony PRS-350 (previous: Kindle Keyboard, PRS-505)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flips01 View Post
I haven't found the Tools menu, though.
I think the tweaks/tools menu doesn't work on the aura since we have a different home screen. I did get the Launcher app working by following the stage 1 and 2 Kobo Touch, Glo, Mini, Aura instructions at http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?..._glo_mini_aura . I then added a Night mode toggle entry by editing kobo_launcher.ini and adding:

Night mode toggle = /mnt/onboard/.kobo/nightmode.sh

Obviously not as useful as the holding down the light button. I did it to see if I could launch other apps, specifically koreader and kpdfviewer. koreader launches, but on selecting a directory, the screen goes haywire and I have to reboot the Aura. kpdfviewer messes up the screen on launch.

Anyone working on getting a reader app working on the Aura? Would love to help or contribute.
muness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #103
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
KevinShort,

may I ask you to add to the first post a link to the latest build. I think it is this one.Otherwise it is difficult for people who come to this thread and don't know that there were several replacements of the first build.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #104
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
KevinShort,

may I ask you to add to the first post a link to the latest build. I think it is this one.Otherwise it is difficult for people who come to this thread and don't know that there were several replacements of the first build.
I did update it, if you look closely at the bottom of the first post you can see that it has been updated to version 5.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #105
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
KevinShort,
sorry about that. I was misled by the fact that you renamed the file.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch