Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #31
wayamauro
Connoisseur
wayamauro began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KindleDX
I think what got me hooked to my new reader is the fact that it is so comfortable I do not realize it is a machine. I just bought it and the other day I was reading this book, and I gotta tell you, after I am done with one page I try to turn to the next page with my hands (yes, as if the book was real, trying to find the edge of the paper...of course I couldn't find any).
That happened like 3 times the other day, and yesterday again with a different book. Then I realize I have to push the button and not physically turn the page...
I really love it.
wayamauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #32
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayamauro View Post
I think what got me hooked to my new reader is the fact that it is so comfortable I do not realize it is a machine. I just bought it and the other day I was reading this book, and I gotta tell you, after I am done with one page I try to turn to the next page with my hands (yes, as if the book was real, trying to find the edge of the paper...of course I couldn't find any).
That happened like 3 times the other day, and yesterday again with a different book. Then I realize I have to push the button and not physically turn the page...
I really love it.
that's funny, cause I've done the same thing a couple of times. I'm sure I'll try to push the button on a paper back one day soon and be confused as to why the page didn't change.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #33
wayamauro
Connoisseur
wayamauro began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KindleDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
that's funny, cause I've done the same thing a couple of times. I'm sure I'll try to push the button on a paper back one day soon and be confused as to why the page didn't change.
I know uh! It is really cool.
wayamauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:08 AM   #34
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Glad to hear you're so happy with your Sony, William. I very soon reached the stage where I found treebooks fiddly, fussy, a downright pain to use. I'd been in the habit for decades of reading at least a couple of paperbacks a week: I reckon I'm now reading much more than that in ebook form, and a darned sight more comfortably. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:34 AM   #35
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Thanks for the bump. I didn't catch the OP before. Still describes the experience beautifully.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 02:04 AM   #36
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
its so true! I have a paperback I bought before my ereader and while I am dying to read the book, I just can't go back to regular books! Will have to buy a epub version i think
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:32 AM   #37
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Glad to hear you're so happy with your Sony, William. I very soon reached the stage where I found treebooks fiddly, fussy, a downright pain to use. I'd been in the habit for decades of reading at least a couple of paperbacks a week: I reckon I'm now reading much more than that in ebook form, and a darned sight more comfortably. Cheers. Neil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
its so true! I have a paperback I bought before my ereader and while I am dying to read the book, I just can't go back to regular books! Will have to buy a epub version i think
Yeah, my only issue is that everything is not available in ebook form yet!

I'd love to reread Dhalgren and a couple of other Samuel R. Delaney books but they just aren't available, not is Steinbeck....etc. etc.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #38
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
***Yeah, my only issue is that everything is not available in ebook form yet***

A valid point, Kenny. And I still do have to resort to treebooks from time to time. Given the choice, though, it's ebook every time. The more of us who use readers, the more the 'revolution' picks up momentum and the more it will make sense to publishers to make everything they have in their catalogues avasilable in e-formats. N
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #39
kennyc

Quote:

A valid point, Kenny. And I still do have to resort to treebooks from time to time. Given the choice, though, it's ebook every time. The more of us who use readers, the more the 'revolution' picks up momentum and the more it will make sense to publishers to make everything they have in their catalogues avasilable in e-formats. N

Yep. Yep. Yep. No, that's not my dog. I agree and that is my approach as well.

P.S. Just purchased Pat Conroy's "South of Broad" in epub.

Last edited by kennyc; 09-27-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #40
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:

Hear, hear! I'm with you for this one
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #41
MikFinkel
MikFinkel began at the beginning.

Device: nook and NOOKcolor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim8fury View Post
I've been working my way through my book collection now quite quickly since I'm off work on medical leave. I can't see me switching back to paper any time soon. Reading on it is so natural you just don't think about it.

One thing I'd really like to see made is a remote control (wired or RF) for changing the page. I've got so used to propping up the reader and getting comfortable that it's become a chore to move my arm to press the page button. It's lazy I know but still, it'd be a nice idea.
Well, if new air conditioners come with a remote. I laughed my butt off the 1st time a remote fell out of the box, now I would not want to be without one!
MikFinkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #42
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

I love it. I'm keeping it. Nobody can pry it away from my hands. I'll be enjoying more of 1984 tonight, and perhaps, at some point, I'll get around to putting some of my own books on it, at which point the reading activity can only get more enjoyable, right?
Welcome to the cult, we'll save a glass of Kool-Aid for you .
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #43
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
I actually read a Dead Tree Edition book a few weeks ago and it was just so weird for me.

I think Bad Religion said it best with "I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy/I don't know how to live but I got a lot of toys."

Digital toys
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #44
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
I'm actually reading Digital Copyright by Jessica Litman in trade paperback format right now because I was unable to find an ebook at any of the online retailers that I frequent.

Does anyone else see the irony?
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #45
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
I'm actually reading Digital Copyright by Jessica Litman in trade paperback format right now because I was unable to find an ebook at any of the online retailers that I frequent.

Does anyone else see the irony?
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote