Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 04:28 AM   #31
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazykiwi View Post
Re the shrimp on the barbie thing, I always thought the point was sort of a "things are big in Aussie" thing that was going on back around the Crocodile Dundee days. Playing off "That's not a knife, THIS is a knife" and he hauls out a huge one. Shrimps are tiny, if you threw one on a barbecue grill, it'd fall right through... unless it was a huge Australian one.
We don't actually call them "shrimp", they're prawns. And rarely are they barbecued. We BBQ snaggers, steak, roo. Maybe the occasional field mushroom if there's a vegetarian about.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:02 PM   #32
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Can you please not use that m word? Just teasing. Or give me the title of that novel. Note I am 50+.
I do tend to forget I'm not a normal thinking female.
I'm currently just over half way through the first draft, which went quickly at first. I'm trialing new software and writing the next chapter on it, so don't expect the book to be available any time soon. The draft needs a restructure and overhaul before it'll be anything like ready. The provisional title is Long in the Tooth.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote