Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Pretty slim pickings in the mystery department too, and some are also repeats from previous sales. I did notice that that first of Thomas Zigal's Kurt Muller mysteries, Into Thin Air, is on sale for $1.99 as part of the "March 100 under $3.99" and the third, Pariah, is on sale for $0.99 as part of the "Big Deal". A friend has recommended this series to me, but I haven't read them personally. Still, with the recommendation and the sale prices, I'm going to pick up at least the first book to try.

I'm also planning on picking up the biography of Dean Acheson. I was born too late to experience this time period (early years of the Cold War), but too soon for it to have really made its way into my school history books, so I've always felt I have a gap there. This biography looks pretty interesting and it should help address those "missing" years. One of the reviewers mentions that it's 800 pages, though, so it may take me a while!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #17
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staked View Post
It was slim pickings in the SF/F collection, but the Samantha Moon collection by J.R. Rain is well worth picking up for $0.99.
J.R. Rain is one of my favorite 'new' authors and this is a good price for this collection.

If you do get into him and you are a bargain hunter, there are two things to be aware of before you buy future books. First, many of his books are available in bundles. It's much more cost effective to buy them that way. Second, for standalone books, the standard price is about $2.99. I think its well worth it, but it's not the super-bargain that it appears. His books are a bit on the short side, longer than a novella, but short for a complete book. The page counts don't look that small, but the book length is always usually padded with sample chapters from other books.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:31 AM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
$10 Amazon Gift Card for $5 -- 20 Mar Only

Here's a chance to pick up $10 worth of these books for only $5. Go to AmazonLocal and get a $10 GC for $5 (US accounts). Offer valid today (20 Mar) only.

AmazonLocal

Last edited by tubemonkey; 03-20-2012 at 04:28 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #19
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Pretty slim pickings in the mystery department too, and some are also repeats from previous sales. I did notice that that first of Thomas Zigal's Kurt Muller mysteries, Into Thin Air, is on sale for $1.99 as part of the "March 100 under $3.99" and the third, Pariah, is on sale for $0.99 as part of the "Big Deal". A friend has recommended this series to me, but I haven't read them personally. Still, with the recommendation and the sale prices, I'm going to pick up at least the first book to try.
Into Thin Air sounded good so I bought it a few days ago. Thanks for the heads up on Pariah being part of the series, I'll check it out.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #20
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I suggest Richard Rorty, Contingency, Irony, Solidarity... (http://www.amazon.com/Contingency-Ir...2265922&sr=8-6)
One of the most brilliant American philosopher's of the previous century (and maybe this one, but that's hard to say)...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #21
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I suggest Richard Rorty, Contingency, Irony, Solidarity... (http://www.amazon.com/Contingency-Ir...2265922&sr=8-6)
One of the most brilliant American philosopher's of the previous century (and maybe this one, but that's hard to say)...
Sounds interesting, and I hadn't noticed it...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote