Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
thorn
Connoisseur
thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.

Device: currently: ipod touch
How does Calibre assign 'Book' vs. 'Personal Doc' for Kindle?

Is this something I can set?

It used to be -- last February/March/April/May -- that all of my Calibre-converted stuff was just called 'Personal Docs', even if they were books. Now they're kind of half & half. I would love to be able to tell my Kindle where to place my transferred material.

This blend of document types might become even more complicated once Amazon has introduced its means of organizing books on Kindle.

Thank you!

Last edited by thorn; 02-03-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: typo
thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
If you convert a regular ebook to mobi it's marked as a Book.
If you create a periodical from a recipe, it's marked as a Subscription.
If you create a catalog from your collection, it's marked as a Subscription.

This makes things consistent with how Amazon tags their books.

G

Any other type of ebook - PDF, TXT, HTML - would be shown in the Personal Docs section, but this is handled on the Kindle, not as a result of how the file is marked.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert