Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #1
arvinder
arvinder began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N72
Smile Sigil editing Issues -- must be addressed

This is a great epub editor compare to any other editor in the market. Few things are still missing to make this tool to replace with other epub tools and these issues need to be addressed as soon as possible and some of them are listed below:

1. TOC required after adding cover page image. Table of Contents can be created and linked from headings levels (h1-h6) within XHTML file just like NCX has been created automatically.

2. User can move between links from "source to target" and from "target to source".

3. Find and replace option are very much required in both editor and browser.

4. A parser required to validate XHTML 1.1 , CSS 2.0 styling.

5. A regular expression based search and replace feature is must.
arvinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:10 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinder View Post
This is a great epub editor compare to any other editor in the market. Few things are still missing to make this tool to replace with other epub tools and these issues need to be addressed as soon as possible and some of them are listed below:
[snip list]
If you want a feature, check it's not already on the issues list ( http://code.google.com/p/sigil/issues/list ), and then open an enhancement issue for it and Valloric will take a look. Do describe it carefully - for instance, I don't understand your request 2.

3,4 & 5 are currently open issues for enhancements. (issues 13 and 28)

pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 04:28 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
If you want a feature, check it's not already on the issues list ( http://code.google.com/p/sigil/issues/list ), and then open an enhancement issue for it and Valloric will take a look. Do describe it carefully - for instance, I don't understand your request 2.

3,4 & 5 are currently open issues for enhancements. (issues 13 and 28)

I think arvinder was referring to the fact that you're losing your position when switching between code view and browser view. This has already been reported and Valloric is working on it.

Please have a little patience, all. Valloric is a one man team right now and he works really hard to iron out the bugs in this first "alpha" version. If you want to help him, just post your issues and suggestions and leave him a little space to breathe. Thanks!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:42 AM   #4
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Cool

Quote:
[...]must be addressed
[...]need to be addressed as soon as possible[...]
Correct me if I a wrong but I thought Sigil is Gratis software and in my understanding the author of Gratis software must / need not do anything. Anything the Author does he/she does for the fun of it.

Martin
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:36 AM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
TOC required after adding cover page image.
I don't understand what you mean by this.. The NCX is always required.

Quote:
Table of Contents can be created and linked from headings levels (h1-h6) within XHTML file just like NCX has been created automatically.
If you mean an "inline" TOC with <a> tags, then this will probably not be supported on principle. Epub books have an NCX and should not have an inline TOC. If a lot of people say I'm wrong here and should still implement this feature, I could change my mind. I am wrong here and have changed my mind.

Quote:
2. User can move between links from "source to target" and from "target to source".
I know what you mean by this. Links are currently broken btw. When I get them working, we can talk about this.

Quote:
3. Find and replace option are very much required in both editor and browser.

4. A parser required to validate XHTML 1.1 , CSS 2.0 styling.

5. A regular expression based search and replace feature is must.
All on tracker already. In the future, please consult it before requesting features/reporting bugs. If an issue you're insterested has already been created, star it so that is rises higher up the list.

Last edited by Valloric; 08-06-2009 at 07:51 AM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert