Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 10-21-2018, 06:52 AM   #1
Henning
Enthusiast
Henning began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Browser problem "book-manifest"/can't read ePub // standalone content server on Linux

Dear all

I´m a total novice when it comes to Linux - so sorry for all my stupid questions.

=> background information
- Stand-alone calibre-server running on Linux/Ubuntu Server (MacMini).
- Access to ePub via Internet / WLAN possible
- possible to upload and change ePub information

==> Problem
Can't read ePub in browser-application. I always get the same message:
Failed to communicate with "/book-manifest/164/EPUB?library_id=calibre-library&1540111657359", with status: [500] Internal Server Error
I do have NO idea of how to solve this problem. As I am a novice to Linux I would like to ask to answer as precisely as possible --- I would like to directly copy/past your instruction....

Thanks for your help.
I very much support the idea of sharing epubs by using calibre - calibre server is a perfect tool to do so.

Henning Strodthoff
Henning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look at the server logs to get more information about the error. Where you will find them will depend on how you are running the server. Easieist way is to run the server from inside calibre rather than the standalone one, which will let you see the logs directly from Preferences->Sharing over the net
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
browser, content server, linux ubuntu, standalone