Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-27-2015, 06:47 PM   #136
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimigi View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Nine-Princes-A...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Nine Princes in Amber: Book One (The Chronicles of Amber 1) Kindle edition on Amazon.
This is nice to see. Hopefully we'll start seeing more.

Funny seeing this after starting this thread over 2 years ago. I'm just about finished re-reading my paper copy of Lord of Light.
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:59 PM   #137
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingMaNs View Post
This is nice to see. Hopefully we'll start seeing more.

Funny seeing this after starting this thread over 2 years ago. I'm just about finished re-reading my paper copy of Lord of Light.
Two years? You read slower than my father-in-law.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2015, 04:45 PM   #138
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
Two years? You read slower than my father-in-law.
Savoring every letter!
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:03 PM   #139
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
You can now buy The Guns of Avalon as well.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:25 PM   #140
Mike Hobart
Enthusiast
Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Please don't send an email to his son.

Shari
That's a shame; I met Trent a couple of times when his family visited Tasmania and he was a sharp little lad. I'm sorry to hear that the memory of his father is now a source of pain for him and his siblings.
Mike Hobart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2016, 10:54 PM   #141
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I remember when there didn't appear to be ANY Zelazny ebooks available for purchase. Now it seems there are at least a few. I expect with time, there will be even more.
He died in 95. Maybe there are intestate copyright problems as happened to Burroughs.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:08 AM   #142
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
He died in 95. Maybe there are intestate copyright problems as happened to Burroughs.
I think the start of this thread explains the likely issue pretty well.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:53 PM   #143
Jeremejevite
Jeremejevite began at the beginning.

Looks like all five of the first half are available on Amazon now. Good thing too because I've lost my Great Book of Amber and my individuals are all from the 70s and getting pretty brittle. Still no Lord of Light however. Sad face.

edit:
On a related note, has anyone seen or read "Seven Tales in Amber"? I'd not seen the name before and I can't find an actual list of its collected stories anywhere.

Last edited by Jeremejevite; 02-09-2019 at 03:59 PM.
Jeremejevite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:08 PM   #144
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremejevite View Post
Looks like all five of the first half are available on Amazon now. Good thing too because I've lost my Great Book of Amber and my individuals are all from the 70s and getting pretty brittle. Still no Lord of Light however. Sad face.

edit:
On a related note, has anyone seen or read "Seven Tales in Amber"? I'd not seen the name before and I can't find an actual list of its collected stories anywhere.
https://www.amazon.com/Lord-Light-Ro.../dp/B07MSJZDFX
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:36 PM   #145
Lparsons21
Zealot
Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 4
For info, Scribd has quite a few Of his books

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Lparsons21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #146
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
But that doesn't really help for those of us who have an eInk eReader, which is probably the majority here, unless I'm somehow mistaken on either point.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:44 PM   #147
Lparsons21
Zealot
Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
But that doesn't really help for those of us who have an eInk eReader, which is probably the majority here, unless I'm somehow mistaken on either point.
Yes you would need a device that can run the Scribd app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Lparsons21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:53 PM   #148
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Many of us prefer an e-ink screen, but will read on a tablet or phone when necessary.

Many Zelazny books are are also available on Hoopla, another ebook lending app that can be accessed for free through many public libraries.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 03:53 AM   #149
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lparsons21 View Post
For info, Scribd has quite a few Of his books
Are they legit? There's an awful lot of pirated material on Scribd.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:33 AM   #150
Jeremejevite
Jeremejevite began at the beginning.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
How did I miss that. What.
Jeremejevite is offline   Reply With Quote