Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #16
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Love the cover and how it works as well. I originally ordered the persimmon, but the border around the Kindle was even a bit brighter than the leather itself and I found that distracting, plus I did not care much for the color, so I exchanged it for a purple one.
I also have a no-name Ebay cover from a seller called googleproduct, that is smaller, lighter weight and bright red.
Ack! I hope I'm not distracted by the color border. I'm hoping that if it ends up distracting me, they'll let me exchange it for another color. Although my husband, who is an artist, told me he could easily paint the border if it did end up being too distracting. We'll see.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:01 PM   #17
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
Ack! I hope I'm not distracted by the color border. I'm hoping that if it ends up distracting me, they'll let me exchange it for another color. Although my husband, who is an artist, told me he could easily paint the border if it did end up being too distracting. We'll see.
I wondered if the border might distract me before I got it, but after getting mine I never thought about it after that. I never notice it when I'm reading
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #18
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I wondered if the border might distract me before I got it, but after getting mine I never thought about it after that. I never notice it when I'm reading
Okay, I feel better now. I'm a worrywort about things like this, and I know that I should knock it off because otherwise it WILL end up bothering me just because I'm focused on it lol.

I'm very interested to find out just what it looks like because there are a lot of reviewers out there saying that the Persimmon looks more red in person than it does on Amazon. That won't bother me at all, but I'm curious.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Okay, I feel better now. I'm a worrywort about things like this, and I know that I should knock it off because otherwise it WILL end up bothering me just because I'm focused on it lol.

I'm very interested to find out just what it looks like because there are a lot of reviewers out there saying that the Persimmon looks more red in person than it does on Amazon. That won't bother me at all, but I'm curious.
There are pics of the covers by real users in this thread.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #20
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Cases are even more variable based on user preference than are Kindles. I order a PW delivered to my sister's home and after she received it she got one. I ordered the Kindle cover and my sister put her PW in the Marware cover she had for her Kindle Basic. She brought me my PW about ten days ago.

I think the Kindle cover is fantastic and my sister doesn't like it at all. Her cover is padded nylon and she feels it provides better protection and there is a strap on the back of her cover,, when she's reading, that her hand slips into and she feels it's more secure. She might be right.

I, on the other hand, like the compact cover from Kindle. When I go out the Kindle always goes with me and the Kindle cover slips easily into a pocket on my daypack. I really like the way I open it and it comes on to the page I'm reading and when I close the cover it goes immediately to sleep. It just works for me.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #21
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
That's why I ordered it, since I really wanted a red one, but it ended up looking like pale brick. I posted a picture somewhere but can't find it anywhere.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #22
JLeighs
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
That's why I ordered it, since I really wanted a red one, but it ended up looking like pale brick. I posted a picture somewhere but can't find it anywhere.
I found your pics here last night. I think it's a lovely color so I won't mind at all if that's what mine looks like.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #23
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I have heard the color is more coral than orange. On kindleboards there's been some good pictures of the persimmon cover where you can see the border.
On this thread, just scroll down a bit:

http://www.kindleboards.com/index.ph...25674.175.html

There may be other pics of it on the thread too. I strongly considered getting the persimmon over the pink, I really love both colors.

Actually, someone posted a pic of the persimmon cover open on Amazon. So here's another.

Last edited by sparklemotion; 02-11-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #24
JLeighs
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I have heard the color is more coral than orange. On kindleboards there's been some good pictures of the persimmon cover where you can see the border.
On this thread, just scroll down a bit:

http://www.kindleboards.com/index.ph...25674.175.html

There may be other pics of it on the thread too. I strongly considered getting the persimmon over the pink, I really love both colors.

Actually, someone posted a pic of the persimmon cover open on Amazon. So here's another.

Thank you! I hadn't seen that one. It's a beautiful color.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #25
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
I agree! I really like it a lot.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It just looks grey to me. Or are you talking about the bit around the edge of the Kindle itself? I prefer plain black, so it doesn't stand out.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #27
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
I found your pics here last night. I think it's a lovely color so I won't mind at all if that's what mine looks like.
Good thing you like it, then
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I love it too. It would be easier to find in the dark but I got my Black case at 30% off the regular price.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #29
JLeighs
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Or are you talking about the bit around the edge of the Kindle itself?
Yes, that is what I was referring to.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #30
JLeighs
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I love it too. It would be easier to find in the dark but I got my Black case at 30% off the regular price.
Amazon had given me a $30 promotional certificate for all of my PW hassles, so that's why I decided to get the case. I was going to go for black, but then it was a toss-up between black and purple. But I'm sick of black and since amethyst is my birthstone I seem to have a lot of purple things around the house. So, I have decided that I need a burst of non-purple color in my life.