Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2018, 05:53 PM   #1
shopsis
shopsis began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Vocabulary

I have "vocabulary builder" turned on on my Oasis but I can't find the list of words that I have looked up. Does anyone here know how to do that. Please help.

thanks
shopsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:28 PM   #2
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Hopefully this helps, it's from the Oasis user guide:

Quote:
To view your word list and quiz yourself with flashcards, select Vocabulary Builder from the menu on the Home screen or while reading a book.

To view your word list, tap Words in the top left of the screen. Tap a specific word to view its definition and a usage example. To view your words by book, tap the Books link.

When you tap Flashcards at the bottom of the screen, Vocabulary Builder selects a set of words from the current list and displays them as flashcards. To view a word’s definition, tap See Definition in the top left corner of the flashcard. Tap Exit Flashcards to return to the Vocabulary Builder feature. Tap the Learning link on the Vocabulary Builder main screen to see how many words you are currently learning and how many you have already mastered.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:32 PM   #3
eatyourpaprikash
eatyourpaprikash began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Hopefully this helps, it's from the Oasis user guide:
i have accidentally highlighted the wrong words several times over the last 4 books. I am wondering if its possible to open a file via PC/Mac on the kindle to quickly edit out words like "to, through, him" . So that i have just the list of words that are really needed.

thanks
eatyourpaprikash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:13 PM   #4
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Yes. Long press on the word to be deleted and follow the instructions.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote