Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 12-06-2018, 08:31 AM   #1
yourrable
yourrable began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to setup multiple libraries in calibre-server?

I am running calibre-server on my ubuntu VPS. On my Mac I create libraries and manage it and then push it to ubuntu so that I can access it from the internet(I am new with calibre-server cli, so). But, I can't get multiple libraries in web ui like desktop version. I have three libraries at `/root/calibre:
  1. fiction
  2. programming
  3. study

How do I get multiple libraries?
yourrable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:33 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you specify them on the command line when running calibre-server

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...re-server.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:07 PM   #3
yourrable
yourrable began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post

That was quick!

Thank you so much for the help.

yourrable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:56 PM   #4
LordSith77
LordSith77 began at the beginning.

Quote:

Is it just me, or does that link not actually answer the question? I too, have multiple libraries that I would like split up on the server, so I can just go into one of them, and grab the book I want. I've uploaded my current library folders from my Windows PC, that I have them all set on, to my Ubuntu 18.04 server. The files show, but all in one library link.
How does one specify to show multiple libraries?
LordSith77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:02 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSith77 View Post
Is it just me, or does that link not actually answer the question? I too, have multiple libraries that I would like split up on the server, so I can just go into one of them, and grab the book I want. I've uploaded my current library folders from my Windows PC, that I have them all set on, to my Ubuntu 18.04 server. The files show, but all in one library link.
How does one specify to show multiple libraries?
Read the paragraph at the top of that.
--with-Library LIMITS THE selection

No Library specified, then it uses Calibre's (configuration) KNOWN Libraries
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:08 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Read the paragraph at the top of that.
--with-Library LIMITS THE selection

No Library specified, then it uses Calibre's (configuration) KNOWN Libraries
Does --with-Library work with calibre server? I've only used it with calibredb.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 06:49 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The very first paragraph on the linked page says:

Start the calibre Content server. The calibre Content server exposes your calibre libraries over the internet. You can specify the path to the library folders as arguments to calibre-server. If you do not specify any paths, all the libraries that the main calibre program knows about will be used.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:15 AM   #8
LordSith77

Quote:
The very first paragraph on the linked page says:

Start the calibre Content server. The calibre Content server exposes your calibre libraries over the internet. You can specify the path to the library folders as arguments to calibre-server. If you do not specify any paths, all the libraries that the main calibre program knows about will be used.
Ok, so then I wouldn't need to use the calibredb add /pathtobooks --with-library?

Just start it, pointing at the top level folder, and as long as each folder underneath has it's own DB file, it should pick it all up?

Just want to make sure I'm understanding this.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:39 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

calibre-server and calibredb are different commands. The latter conencts to the former. The former has no works with libraries whose paths you can supply. The latter does many different things one of which is add, and when you use add you can specify directories or files, these directories or files are added to the library you specify in --with-library, which is presumably one of the libraries you are serving in your calibre-server command.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:13 PM   #10
LordSith77

I'm sorry if I'm seeming dumb with all this.

So could I, for example do:
calibre-server add /ebooks/DnD --with-library DnD
calibre-server add /ebooks/Series --with-library Series
And so on...

I'm feeling really stupid, not understanding this properly. So please, forgive my ignorance. :-(
Old 01-23-2021, 09:54 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You run

calibre-server /ebooks/DnD

calibredb add --with-library=http://localhost:8080#dnd file.epub
Old 02-13-2021, 11:57 AM   #12
LordSith77

So I finally got it running properly, with multiple libraries. I had to physically install Calibre on the server system, FTP all my libraries to it. Then launch Calibre, go through the process of assigning all the libraries. Then start the server from within Calibre itself, and not command line.

Now however, I have a new problem. I'm using an https site, but getting the error saying it needs to be an https site?

WARNING: This browser does not support Application Cache so offline access to calibre will not work. Some browsers only enable Application Cache over HTTPS connections, so you may have to setup HTTPS for your calibre server.

Yet, my site is:
https://calibre.mobilefiles4free.com/

What did I do wrong here? LOL

PS: Thank you very much kovidgoyal, for all your help, support and for creating such wonderful software.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:59 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Its a warning ignore it its harmless. I fyou run up to date calibre on your server you wont get it.