Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-22-2018, 10:49 PM   #16
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
@larysa --- there is a way to do exactly what you wish with AutoHotkey macros. I have written a number of scripts that do exactly that.
I select a sentence, press the assigned shortcut key, and AutoHotkey inserts double quote marks at beginning and end of the sentence. I use another shortcut key to insert single quote marks. Etc. etc. etc.

Let me know if you are interested in this kind of solution.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:43 AM   #17
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
I select a sentence, press the assigned shortcut key, and AutoHotkey inserts double quote marks at beginning and end of the sentence.
IMHO, there's an easier Sigil solution. Simply define a clip:

1. Select Tools > Clip Editor > Add Entry.
2. Enter doublequotes in the Name field and “\1” in the Text field.
3. Click Save and Close.
4. Right-click an empty spot in the main toolbar and check Clip Bar, if it isn't already checked.

To apply the clip, highlight text and click the doublequotes entry in the Clip Bar or right-click and and select doublequotes from the Clips menu. (You can also assign a custom keyboard shortcut to the clip.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:53 AM   #18
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Doitsu --- Very true, Clips are great, and easy to use.

But the loveliness of my multiple AutoHotkey scripts, is that I can use them globally in any program. Notepad ++, my Softmaker Office suite, MS office, etc, etc. As well as Sigil. I named the conglomeration the Multi-Talented Mouse, because it started as a way to use the right mouse button to move and size any window (even without having focus), then scroll any window (even without focus), then copy & paste, and things just kept proliferating.

The Clips are wonderfully useful, but it seems I do more actual editing in Notepad ++ than Sigil, so I use my scripts most of the time.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:37 AM   #19
larysa
Zealot
larysa began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4
Oh guys, tanxs to everybody!
@ Doitsu: tanxs but i use calibre, not sigil!

@ GrannyGrump
I’m are interesting to your scripts... how to have this scripts?? It’s possible upload and share to cloud storage (ex mega, or similar)? Tanxs
larysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:58 AM   #20
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

I will tidy them up a bit, and send you pm with link in a few days.

Sorry for delay, but very busy at work this week, not much free time.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:23 AM   #21
larysa
Zealot

Ok i wait you! bye
Old 06-04-2018, 05:50 AM   #22
larysa
Zealot

When you are ready to share your scripts???
Old 06-04-2018, 11:29 PM   #23
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

Okay, had a bit of trouble finding free time these days.
But finally here is file with a batch of scripts, in a zip file. The file is named workhorse.ahk.
There is also a very small read-me file.

You will need to download and unzip AutoHotKey to any location of your choice.The AutoHotKey site file list is confusing, but here is link to that page
https://autohotkey.com/download/1.0/zip%20versions/
I used the old version of 1.0408 when I made the file. I don't know if the file will work under newer versions.

Then drop the workhorse file on AutoHotKey.exe to enable the script. See my ReadThis.txt file for a little more info.

The AutoHotKey help file is very thorough, and should answer most questions, I think.

Anyway, give it a try, and see if it works for you. Let us know how it works out.
Attached Files
File Type: zip workhorse.zip (4.4 KB, 181 views)

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 06-04-2018 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:34 AM   #24
larysa
Zealot

Ok, many thanks for your scripts!
I have downloaded the latest version of AutoHotKey and the old 1.0408 version...
Now try and after post here my comments to your scripts!
Tanks. Regards
Old 06-06-2018, 05:23 AM   #25
larysa
Zealot

Ohhh, yesss, I’ve try... your script is very wonderful!!
This was just what i wanted!
And your script work correctly with old version of AutoHotKey and same with latest version!
Many thanks! bye
Old 06-06-2018, 05:32 AM   #26
larysa
Zealot

@ kovidgoyal
suggestion: why don’t integrate the autohotkey function into calibre?
Old 06-06-2018, 06:54 PM   #27
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Probably because calibre is multi-platform..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:57 AM   #28
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
And possibly because Calibre already has snippets...
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:00 AM   #29
larysa
Zealot

Yes calibre have snippets, but with autohotkey is more simple and fast!
Old 06-07-2018, 05:25 AM   #30
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

I am ABSOLUTELY not knocking the Sigil clips or Calibre snippets, which do wonderful work.

But just to state again, you can use the scripts globally in any text editor, Calibre, Sigil, etc. under Windows. There is also an AutoHotKey port for Linux, but I am not a 'nix user, so don't know how well that is adapted.

If you jump back and forth between programs a lot, ( as I do) it is handy to be able to use the same shortcuts and routines no matter where you are working.

We all settle into the workflow that is best for ourselves. That's what makes horse races!

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 06-07-2018 at 05:31 AM.