Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #1
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Reginfo won't work on 3.2.1 modified K2i

I have recently bought a K2i that I just modified to run the 3.2.1 firmware. Since I've never been able to register a K2 that's been modified this way, (I am told it's a inherent flaw to this modified firmware,) I have tried repeatedly to use the reginfo hack in order to try and enable the Kindle to create collections. Every time I try it, the hack fails and I think it shows the error 007. I am hoping that there is a solution to my problem. I would appreciate someone's' help with this matter.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:37 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's also an inherent kerfuffle of the 3.x on 2.x devices thingy.

I readily admit that I never cared enough to look into it. It's probably dumb like use a package targeting the device you pilfered the FW from instead of the actual device.

Note that MrPi *might* bypass any such issues, since we're using 'universal' OTAv2 packages there.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Alright, here it is, my dumb question for the day:
"Why didn't you register it before you altered the installed operating system for series 2 to series 3 (on a series 2 device)."

Hmm...
So revert your changes.
Register the K2 as a K2.
Replace your changes.

Note:
Given only the information that what you are trying to do does not work, there is no way we can guess as to what the cause of your problem is.
A link to what you are trying to use, along with reference to any thread/post(s) about it would help.
And also expand on "does not work".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:58 PM   #4
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Sorry for the lateness of my reply. I did as you suggested and reverted the firmware to 2.5.8. Although it wouldn't register, I was able to successfully install reginfo to the K2. Since everything seemed to be working well, I decided not to reinstall the 3.2.1 firmware.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote