Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-18-2018, 10:05 PM   #451
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Can a Mac user please tell me what version (including build number) of Kindle for Mac is currently being delivered by Amazon from the main Kindle app download page?

I would like to update the first post in this thread to include a direct link to that version before it is replaced by the new version 1.25.

Thanks
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:01 PM   #452
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Can a Mac user please tell me what version (including build number) of Kindle for Mac is currently being delivered by Amazon from the main Kindle app download page?
1.23.1 (50131)

Btw, I have never seen a 1.24 for Mac. 1.23.1 is the latest version I've ever been able to find.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2018, 11:04 PM   #453
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
1.23.1 (50131)

Btw, I have never seen a 1.24 for Mac. 1.23.1 is the latest version I've ever been able to find.
Thanks. I guess they never got around to releasing 1.24 for the Mac.
Old 11-24-2018, 12:43 PM   #454
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur
DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: amazon fire 5th gen
Sorry for the stupid comment but here goes anyways.

First I had kindle from windows store I deleted it and installed it from amazon.com store. And I also have the newest version of calibre and 2 plugins one is KFX input and the other is DeDRM Tools 6.6.1.

Here is how I got my ebooks from my store I have a fire 5th gen tablet and I downloaded the ebooks straight to my laptop which is running windows 10.

Now here is what I did the ebooks from amazon that I did download so far went straight into a downloads folder and then I used calibre to move the ebooks to the program I used Add Books>Add Books From Single Directory. And then I selected all the books and put them into the program. And now the books are listed in there one is called "Body Weight Training" By Greg Myers Format AZW3.

So here is what happened. I downloaded the books and moved the books that would move into here. Now here is the problem I want to be able to read them on different devices like my iphone and my fire tablet and my laptop. But I don't know the next steps.

Can someone please help me out. Thank You!
DawnDawn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 02:17 PM   #455
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnDawn88 View Post
Sorry for the stupid comment but here goes anyways.

First I had kindle from windows store I deleted it and installed it from amazon.com store. And I also have the newest version of calibre and 2 plugins one is KFX input and the other is DeDRM Tools 6.6.1.

Here is how I got my ebooks from my store I have a fire 5th gen tablet and I downloaded the ebooks straight to my laptop which is running windows 10.

Now here is what I did the ebooks from amazon that I did download so far went straight into a downloads folder and then I used calibre to move the ebooks to the program I used Add Books>Add Books From Single Directory. And then I selected all the books and put them into the program. And now the books are listed in there one is called "Body Weight Training" By Greg Myers Format AZW3.

So here is what happened. I downloaded the books and moved the books that would move into here. Now here is the problem I want to be able to read them on different devices like my iphone and my fire tablet and my laptop. But I don't know the next steps.

Can someone please help me out. Thank You!
Detailed help with DRM removal is not permitted on MobileRead. I suggest you ask at the place your got the DeDRM plugin.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2018, 04:58 PM   #456
plabrocca
plabrocca began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you jhowell,

I ran into my first KFX today. I followed your Method 1. Worked perfectly. Reading happily.

Pat
plabrocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:57 PM   #457
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
I just ran into the KFX issue today while backing up my Kindle books (hadn't done it in a while) Method 1 worked great, as plabrocca mentioned above. Thanks for sharing!
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:17 AM   #458
remmons
remmons began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus
Thanks and a note on upgrades to Kindle Reader

I have been using your method 2 for a long time, and it works great. One thing people should know is that when you upgrade Kindle, you may have to rename render.exe again. It can be re-installed by upgrades.
remmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:00 AM   #459
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
@jhowell. Thanks for all your hard work. Any comments on just how much of a problem these drm changes on kfx are going to be? Do you think this indicates Amazon is getting serious about preventing DRM removal, or is there some other rational reason for the changes? Can drm-free kfx books still be unencrypted after the changes take effect?
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:01 PM   #460
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Any comments on just how much of a problem these drm changes on kfx are going to be?
Something has changed in the format of KFX DRM voucher files. I leave it to those involved in the DeDRM Tools to figure out the details.

Quote:
Do you think this indicates Amazon is getting serious about preventing DRM removal, or is there some other rational reason for the changes?
I can only guess about possible motivations for this change. One possibility is that it was done just because it was easy since KFX is still under active development. Or perhaps they are taking heat from publishers to get more serious about DRM.

It is too soon to tell whether or not they plan to go further in closing the remaining holes in their DRM.

Quote:
Can drm-free kfx books still be unencrypted after the changes take effect?
No. It applies to all books in KFX format, even those that the publisher has indicated should be provided to customers DRM free.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:28 PM   #461
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
@jhowell. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:38 AM   #462
saucerdesigner
saucerdesigner began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for PC/RapidReader 6 Professional
Kindle force an install of v 1.20

Even though I had unchecked the option to automatically install updates, kindle went ahead and installed one anyway.

Fortunately, I had saved the 1.17 installer, uninstalled the updated version (PC) and reinstalled 1.17.
saucerdesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:46 AM   #463
kp6ic
kp6ic began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox
i have Kindle for PC 1.24.3 (51068). i installed kfx input plugin and still can't convert my book. when i try to convert my book i get the following message"...this book is locked by drm...". what should i do?
kp6ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #464
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The KFX input plugin does not work with DRM-protected files. Firstly you need to follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to prevent K4PC from downloading KFX files, and secondly you need to install the plugins to remove DRM which are at Apprentice Alf's blog.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:24 PM   #465
kp6ic
kp6ic began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The KFX input plugin does not work with DRM-protected files. Firstly you need to follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to prevent K4PC from downloading KFX files, and secondly you need to install the plugins to remove DRM which are at Apprentice Alf's blog.
i read the first post and used the method 4. the fourth method allows downloading kfx files and says nothing about them having to be drm-free.
edit. i installed the plugin from alf's blog and now everything seems to be working fine. thx for the tip.

Last edited by kp6ic; 12-19-2018 at 12:38 PM.
kp6ic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k4pc, kindle for pc