Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2014, 10:40 AM   #61
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just had a shipping notification for my Forefront case, but with a delivery date of 17th-25th October, so by the sound of it it's on a slow boat from China, or somewhere similar. I'll report on it when it arrives. Figured it was worth a risk for £8 - if I like it I'll cancel my order for the Origami case.
My order was £11 including the shipping
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #62
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
Hi all. So... I hate the idea of the origami case and, because its fun, I did a bit of digging around for alternatives. I found this, which i'm pretty sure has my vote: Marston Bindery Ltd
initially through ETSY.

I've contacted them and they've told me they intend to produce a Voyage cover with an auto-wake magnet which will also keep the cover closed when its put in a bag or whatever. At the moment their covers just fold shut like a normal book, but they are intending to improve the design. I like the fact that the insert is like the Amazon cover, no elastic corners business.

Personally I love the option to upload the text you'd like for the title (personalised cover options) and the author. If I go for it, I have decided on 'Introduction to plasma physics' as a title and the author: Lewis Carroll. That'll fox anyone curious to see what I'm reading. The Pride and Prejudice pre designed cover is rather lovely too (to my personal taste)

Pricey-ish but fair I think. I bought one of those really cheap covers (under ten quid) for a paperwhite and it was so plasticy and horrible to touch that I'm not going down that route again. I'd rather buy one and get it right first time.

Anyhoo, just another option for those not keen on a flip top.
I like these too. Bookmarked the link.
Advert
Old 10-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #63
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
My order was £11 including the shipping
Still an awful lot cheaper than the Origami case. Worth a punt at that price, to my mind. And Amazon have a great return policy if it turns out not to be suitable.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #64
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
Welcome Josie
Pangolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #65
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Just had a shipping notification for my Forefront case, but with a delivery date of 17th-25th October, so by the sound of it it's on a slow boat from China, or somewhere similar. I'll report on it when it arrives. Figured it was worth a risk for £8 - if I like it I'll cancel my order for the Origami case.
Is that not available in the US? I like that one!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #66
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Still an awful lot cheaper than the Origami case. Worth a punt at that price, to my mind. And Amazon have a great return policy if it turns out not to be suitable.
This case can't be returned that easily. Forefront have to agree the refund first, which is why I didn't want them to ship it until I could be sure they had allowed for the on/off switch.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #67
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This case can't be returned that easily. Forefront have to agree the refund first, which is why I didn't want them to ship it until I could be sure they had allowed for the on/off switch.
I've never had the slightest trouble returning stuff that's sold by third parties through Amazon, and I've done so many times over the years. As an Amazon Seller myself (I sell stuff I no longer use through Amazon), I have to accept a return within (I think) 14 days of delivery, for any (or no) reason.

I honestly don't think that returning it will be a problem, should it turn out not to be to your liking. Having said that, I've had good results with virtually all the third-party cases I've bought for various readers, tablets, phones, etc.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #68
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I've never had the slightest trouble returning stuff that's sold by third parties through Amazon, and I've done so many times over the years. As an Amazon Seller myself (I sell stuff I no longer use through Amazon), I have to accept a return within (I think) 14 days of delivery, for any (or no) reason.

I honestly don't think that returning it will be a problem, should it turn out not to be to your liking. Having said that, I've had good results with virtually all the third-party cases I've bought for various readers, tablets, phones, etc.
I have had problems in the past with sellers ignoring return requests, that's why I am so annoyed they ignored my cancelation email and shipped it anyway. If the case does not have a cut out for the on/off switch it's no use to me.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #69
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I may be completely wrong here about the third party cases, they may all have a cut out for the on/off switch. All I can do is wait and see now.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #70
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
I have had problems in the past with sellers ignoring return requests, that's why I am so annoyed they ignored my cancelation email and shipped it anyway. If the case does not have a cut out for the on/off switch it's no use to me.
If that is the case (no pun intended), just tell Amazon themselves that the product is faulty, and you should get a full refund with no hassle.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #71
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
If that is the case (no pun intended), just tell Amazon themselves that the product is faulty, and you should get a full refund with no hassle.
Thanks Harry I will, but hopefully one of us will get a case and can report here. I ordered the red one so it would by lovely if it was correctly proportioned. I'm just suspicious as they haven't had a Voyage to hold yet that's all.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #72
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I've ordered the blue one .
Old 10-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #73
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
Quote:
Thanks Harry I will, but hopefully one of us will get a case and can report here. I ordered the red one so it would by lovely if it was correctly proportioned. I'm just suspicious as they haven't had a Voyage to hold yet that's all.

received my dispatch conformation today also. Similar EDD as you & Harry.

Mines purple
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #74
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I have bought from tons of 3rd party sellers over the years and have only had one issue that I can recall and Amazon stepped in and resolved it for me. Therefore, I wouldn't worry too much. If the seller gives you any trouble, just file a complaint with Amazon against the seller explaining what happened and Amazon will step in. That's what I did and it was resolved quickly and I received a refund. Good luck. Hopefully you'll love the case.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #75
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
Hi all. So... I hate the idea of the origami case and, because its fun, I did a bit of digging around for alternatives. I found this, which i'm pretty sure has my vote: Marston Bindery Ltd
initially through ETSY.
It alsways makes me uneasy when they don't shiw the inside of cases, becayse they more than lokely have elastic corners or something going around the frame. I like to see as little of the case around my device as possible, but nice covers otherwise.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote