Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2016, 06:30 PM   #391
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I thought Kual required a Kindle 3 or newer?

I have been able to do ^LL three times, though it can take a couple tries. I have been able to use the menus for other things.

Will organizing files using the computer screw anything up in the rest of the Kindle?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:35 PM   #392
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
I thought Kual required a Kindle 3 or newer? [...]
I have KUAL on a K2 and on a DX. It works fine. You navigate with the 5-way pad ("arrow and selecdt keys") instead of a touchscreen. Just be sure to install the correct version for your kindle.

It may take awhile (if ever) before I have KUAL working on my K1, however...

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-01-2016 at 06:41 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2016, 08:13 PM   #393
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
I thought Kual required a Kindle 3 or newer?

I have been able to do ^LL three times, though it can take a couple tries. I have been able to use the menus for other things.

Will organizing files using the computer screw anything up in the rest of the Kindle?
K2 or newer (I.E: Anything other than K1 - K1 doesn't do Active Content).

Have you read my post above, asking for a list of what actions/behaviors you would like to see as "single press hotkeys"?

It depends on what you mean by that "organizing files" -
Are you writing about the files you can see when the Kindle is connected to a PC with the USB cable?

If so, the answer is mostly no.

The Kindle's built-in document reader can only see things in the /documents directory and sub-directories of /documents.
It only gives a 'flat world view' of the documents.

KOreader **does** recognize directory structure and displays the documents according to that structure.
(Since KOreader and Librerator share the same code base, I expect it will also display documents according to the directory structure - but I don't use that application myself - I am just guessing.)

Now if you meant the files that you can see when using USB networking (which lets you see the Kindle's internal file system) -
then the answer is: YES
Disturb any of that and you disturb the device's operation.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:44 AM   #394
renerelire
renerelire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 keyboard Wi-Fi SN: B008 xxxx xxxx xxxx
Is there a dictionary function in this e-reader or any other?

I just installed the Cool Reader for K3 at this link https://github.com/CrazyCoder/coolreader-kindle-qt/ It works but, surprisingly, there is no dictionary function that comes with it. Is the Liberator or an other e-reader I could install has one?

It seems that nobody uses dictionaries when reading.
renerelire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:18 AM   #395
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
@renerelire

Sorry, Librerator doesn't have a dictionary.

Regards,
Kai
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2016, 08:36 AM   #396
renerelire
renerelire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 keyboard Wi-Fi SN: B008 xxxx xxxx xxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771 View Post
@renerelire

Sorry, Librerator doesn't have a dictionary.

Regards,
Kai
Thanks for answering. I was locking more for the option to use a dictionary than a dictionary by itself.

Have a good day!
renerelire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:26 PM   #397
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After trying to search pdfs in Librerator, it starts showing some pdfs in blank gray. I can close and reopen. Still blank gray. I can quit and reboot and restart and reopen. Still blank gray. I can't see any questions about this bug, but it's killed two of my pdfs which *were* readable before.

P.S. Replacing the pdf with a fresh copy didn't solve the problem. I don't think I can quit the Kindle framework. I have some trouble starting Librerator with the two-key combination, and wasn'tr able to start KindlePdfViewer with the three-key combination. I don't know whether splitting the pdf into segments would solve the problem.

Last edited by MarjaE; 06-09-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:04 AM   #398
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
After trying to search pdfs in Librerator, it starts showing some pdfs in blank gray. I can close and reopen. Still blank gray. I can quit and reboot and restart and reopen. Still blank gray. I can't see any questions about this bug, but it's killed two of my pdfs which *were* readable before.

P.S. Replacing the pdf with a fresh copy didn't solve the problem. I don't think I can quit the Kindle framework. I have some trouble starting Librerator with the two-key combination, and wasn'tr able to start KindlePdfViewer with the three-key combination. I don't know whether splitting the pdf into segments would solve the problem.
What device?
What firmware version?
You CP info block does not list any Amazon Kindle devices.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #399
MarjaE
Guru

Kindle Dx. Latest firmware, plus jailbreak, plus launchpad.

P.S. Replacing the Pdf while sideloading didn't fix the problem, but deleting the pdf in Librerator and replacing it afterwards did.

Last edited by MarjaE; 06-10-2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #400
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That vaguely reminds me of something. Probably been fixed in KOReader a long time ago.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:00 PM   #401
MarjaE
Guru

Librerator stopped working for me for a while today. I had the glitched screen bug (post 214) for a couple days and now have the success bug (post 211).

I did a hard reset, lost my Kindle collections, still couldn't beat the success bug.

I then restarted my computer which I'd shut down for the day, plugged the Kindle in, replaced the Kite Launchpad and Librerator folders and was able to get into Librerator.

Hope this helps anyone else hitting the same bug.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #402
MarjaE
Guru

Kindle crashed again that night.

I had to do another hard reset again, didn't lose my collections, but seem to have lost Launchpad. Typing shift-l-l just yields ll in the search box.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:03 AM   #403
knc1
Going Viral

What do you mean by: "Hard Reset" ?
Old 06-18-2016, 11:33 AM   #404
MarjaE
Guru

Holding the power switch for 40+ seconds, and hoping the Kindle doesn't screw things up as it reboots.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:30 PM   #405
MarjaE
Guru

Another crash, another restart, and the success bug returns. I reinstalled Librerator again.

Now I can open Librerator again using the awkward keypresses. I still can't open Librerator using Kual. I hope I don't have to reinstall Librerator 2-3 times every day.

Tags
application, epub, fb2, pdf, reader