Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 06:02 AM   #1
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
New bookeen website.

Bookeen finally updated theirs website. Looks nice.

But you can't logon to access download page.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Interesting.

But I thought that the new Opus was supposed to be "updated". Other than new colors, I don't see any changes to the specs. It's cheaper than before, but, then, the "old" Opus is going for only $180 on Amazon.com.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:06 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon View Post
Interesting.

But I thought that the new Opus was supposed to be "updated". Other than new colors, I don't see any changes to the specs. It's cheaper than before, but, then, the "old" Opus is going for only $180 on Amazon.com.
from what i hear the new opus has a new accelerometer and has been optimised (both hardware and firmware) for significantly improved battery life ; this is to take advantage of the new sleep mode.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
from what i hear the new opus has a new accelerometer and has been optimised (both hardware and firmware) for significantly improved battery life ; this is to take advantage of the new sleep mode.
That's what I understood as well from E-ReaderInfo but I can't find any of that information on Bookeen's web site.

I'm concerned that those features will be available "soon" in a firmware upgrade ("soon" meaning "in about a year").
Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I'm concerned that those features will be available "soon" in a firmware upgrade ("soon" meaning "in about a year").
Nah, sooner than that.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
I should be able to compare in 2 or 3 days, mine (shiny blue one) should already be on its way.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #7
rlauzon
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I should be able to compare in 2 or 3 days, mine (shiny blue one) should already be on its way.
I tried to order mine yesterday, but the site never asked for my credit card info. The "order" is listed as "pending", but the reader is still in my shopping cart.

Very strange. I've sent them an email about it, but I have yet to hear back.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
I tried to order mine yesterday, but the site never asked for my credit card info. The "order" is listed as "pending", but the reader is still in my shopping cart.

I didn't wait for them updating their website.
I've ordered on Monday from one of their dealers, who claimed having them on stock. We'll see...Theoretically, it should be here tomorrow or the day after.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #9
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:

Contact Bookeen, there should be remaining bug in their website..
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #10
rlauzon
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Contact Bookeen, there should be remaining bug in their website..
There was, but they fixed it by Friday when I tried again.

Then my orders kept being cancelled after I entered my credit card info. I found out that it was because my credit card company kept declining the charges. But since I never got a message that the change had been declined, I didn't know until later. *Sigh*

It's all corrected now. The order for my new orange Opus is in "processing" now.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:16 AM   #11
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Good choice ^^

The orange one was marvelous on their Paris's Bookfair stand
Old 05-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
ooh, i agree ! the orange is really gorgeous, it's like copper, so pretty, and really unusual. i think all the steampunkers are going to love it (it is copper they like, right ? or is it brass ? i can't remember). you'll post photos when you get it, right ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #13
rlauzon
Wizard

If anyone from the U.S. is ordering, just an FYI.

My new Opus got hung up in Customs because they needed more information about it. Specifically what it was and whether it had a radio or not.

Hopefully, if customs clears it today, I'll have it tomorrow, but it is delaying me getting my new toy.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:42 PM   #14
Godzil

Ha customs... They are really really awful sometimes.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #15
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
If workers motivation is going the same road with them as elsewhere, you can´t really blame them.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote