Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-10-2018, 02:47 AM   #16
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
@ilovejedd: Not sure if this is going of much help but one friend of mine used to use the Firefox SQLite Manager plugin to export data into a csv format, massage that data in Excel and then import the massaged data using the Import List plugin for calibre. When Firefox went to their Quantum releases, that broke SQLite Manager and he never bothered to go to the effort of reworking his setup to use another program to export csv. SQLiteStudio does have the capability of exporting to csv (freebie with Linux, OSX and Windows support).
Thanks. I actually do have SQLiteBrowser installed (for tag extraction and making some direct changes to the Calibre database, yeah my bad ).

For my purposes (pre-existing Calibre library), all I really need are annotations and I don't think the Import List plugin would be much help there.

*Marvin stores annotations in a separate table with one row/entry per annotation. It uses the epub file's md5 hash as the "link".
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:22 AM   #17
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamerc View Post
I could set up a content server version... (I'm *pretty* sure. I know enough to know that I'm gonna have to look up a few things to do it, but if that would work...
Here are some screenshots taken on an iPad mini of the Calibre content server.

Do note, Marvin ignores custom columns so you'll need to use the built-in Tags column for fandoms, pairings, completion status, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit Metadata.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	167592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit Metadata Rating.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	167593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Book Details.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	167594  

Last edited by ilovejedd; 11-10-2018 at 03:27 AM.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:36 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Thanks. I actually do have SQLiteBrowser installed (for tag extraction and making some direct changes to the Calibre database, yeah my bad ).

For my purposes (pre-existing Calibre library), all I really need are annotations and I don't think the Import List plugin would be much help there.

*Marvin stores annotations in a separate table with one row/entry per annotation. It uses the epub file's md5 hash as the "link".
The Annotations plugin had support for fetching annotations from Marvin before it was moved to the MarvinXD plugin. The code is still there, and it can probably be changed to let you select a database file if there is a way to get it from the iPad. Alternatively, the plugin supports reading from other files, if there is a way to export the annotations that is suitable to read. The code has to be written for the format. How hard that is depends on the file format.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:56 AM   #19
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The Annotations plugin had support for fetching annotations from Marvin before it was moved to the MarvinXD plugin. The code is still there, and it can probably be changed to let you select a database file if there is a way to get it from the iPad. Alternatively, the plugin supports reading from other files, if there is a way to export the annotations that is suitable to read. The code has to be written for the format. How hard that is depends on the file format.
Yeah, I looked into the template for the Annotations plugin. I'm not really a programmer though and am very unfamiliar with Python so transferring annotations to Calibre would have to wait until I have more time to devote to it. I'd probably need to create the batch file to run Calibre Portable from source, too.

Honestly, I'm quite undecided on how I want to store annotations in Calibre. Considering two options: as custom column (may become unmanageable) or in ebook format that I never use but is supported by ebook-viewer.exe.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:19 PM   #20
BlankEyes
Enthusiast
BlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the roughBlankEyes is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPad 2018
How did you manage to make a connection between the two?
Or is it just photos taken from iPad?
BlankEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:43 PM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankEyes View Post
How did you manage to make a connection between the two?
Or is it just photos taken from iPad?
I am not sure what you real question is about.
Thos screen captures were of a standard Browser viewing the users Calibre Content server << Keyword
You run the content server FROM calibre (the Globe icon with 3 squares)
When that is running, the Icon menu will show what yo need next to Stop... (don't)
On any network device with a browser (like your i-Won't ),
Enter that in the address bar eg
Code:
http://10.0.0.21:8083/#library_id=MainLib&panel=book_list
<the green is user options for thos with more than 1 Library... >

Click on a book, and you get the details (similar to those images)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, device integration, metadata import